The Bronze's - 1984 XE Ford Falcon Utility Vehicle

Finally sussed the shit that is tumblr so I can add some visual stimuli.

This was my hack job cut and weld, that sanded down smooth enough that I'm not even going to bog it. And it goes under a bit of trim, so it doesn't need it. Quite happy with that. Actually I will, but it was looking pretty close to acceptable.

tumblr_p94hb28ZMY1snjz6bo2_540.jpgtumblr_p94hb28ZMY1snjz6bo1_1280.jpg

And this is what happens when you start sanding without really thinking about the repercussions. Or even stripping it down. I needed to start fucking it up to get that Event Horizon thing going, where you go past the point of no return, and have to face the inevitability of stripping it right down. This weekend, major disassembly and moving everything around in the shed so this has accessibility for stripping, smoothing and painting. And my panelbeating mate is coming to smooth out the kinks I can't fathom.

tumblr_p94hb28ZMY1snjz6bo5_1280.jpg

Ordered up the first round of parts from Basis. Couple of things to get from KingCountry or whatever its called. Accidentally blew the budget already. Fucker.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

So, can't decide what to do with the tray. When it's back together the floor is covered with ply, but should i sand the thing down and repaint too, or leave as is.  Can I just blow some sprayfiller over it and do a hack job.  It's a ute ffs, not a show car. My main thing is the sides and super-scrapped wheel arches looking tidy.

tumblr_phopnz9kb11r5yacw_500.jpg

tumblr_phopnxBmGV1r5yacw_500.jpg

tumblr_phopo1qKFL1r5yacw_500.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Just googled XE Falcon guard to find a reference image for where the Alloy Head badges should go on the guards and my own images came up. It's a restoration inception.

I made some shit the other day, but i tend to slap it on insta instead of trying to do imagehosting.

@tinkerworkshop

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

This came back from the mechanics on Friday.
 It went in about a month before lockdown 1. I dropped off the rebuilt carb the last day before we shut down to level 4. He spent months tuning it between covid outbreaks, then another couple weeks sorting out the fuel pump problem. I drove it home. He didn't fix the fuel pump problem.

It needs an exhaust. Has rust where water has been sitting. The cheap shitty chinese tonneau pools. 

CBF levels extreme.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This is registered and warranted. I drove it twice. I left it sitting a month or so. There were fuel supply issues I traced back to a fuel line crumbling to fuck. I replaced that with some supercheap fuel house and a generic ryco filter. Now there are other fuel supply issues. I suspect the SCA hose  can't handle even the smallest vacuum, and the new fuel filter leaks. Back to problem A. And waitemata hydraulics for proper hose.

I also plumbed in a primer bulb a while back - when it sits fuel disappears, so this gets it going no worries. I'm contemplating putting an Ali Express inline on a switch to prime it. Is this smart? Or just ditch the mechanical pump and go for an electric one fulltime? If so what. Answers please on the back of a stamped, self addressed envelope.

• Like 6

• 1 year later...