The Bronze's XB Falcon

KKtrips

On 06/09/2015 at 21:09, The Bronze said:

Show and tell...

Vinyled parcel tray. Will probably blind me being too light, but fuckit, live once.tumblr_nu8zv8Tugn1snjz6bo2_400.jpg

Guts out

tumblr_nu8zv8Tugn1snjz6bo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nu90902pK11snjz6bo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nu90902pK11snjz6bo1_1280.jpg

Oh, hello quiet...

tumblr_nu8zv8Tugn1snjz6bo3_1280.jpg

New chocolate Autodec carpet. Pretty average fit so far, too big over the hump, shitty seams. one gave way in the fucking unfolding...

tumblr_nu90902pK11snjz6bo3_1280.jpg

Split Seam: 

tumblr_nu8zv8Tugn1snjz6bo4_1280.jpg

Will leave it laid out for a day or so and see if it sits down a bit. Yes, it has underfelt.

Good at 10 feet though...  

tumblr_nu8zv8Tugn1snjz6bo1_1280.jpg

Did the first two stages of the fuel tank POR kit, still trying to dry the thing out, slow process. Hopefully some more heatgunning and air blown through this week and it'll be dry enough for the last stage.

Autodec carpets are shit. I bought a set for my Cortina and ended up gettting an upholstery mate to remake them. I reckon Stevie Wonder is Autodecs carpet maker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Hylomar mate.  Blue stuff should do it.

Can get it from Repco, etc.

s-l300.jpg

I've used it to seal thermostat housings, water pumps, diesel drain bungs, etc.  It's fuel/oil resistant so should be the go.  Basically a non-setting goop.  I'll likely use it soon on my D21 to fix the complete lack of a fuel pump gasket that I discovered when I filled the thing right up.

What diameter is the sender seal?

This type of problem is common with old Valiant's and you can get a special reproduction seal that is a little thicker than original to sort it out.

The Valiant ones are 3 inches diameter, if the Falcon ones are the same size (or very close) you may be able to use one of these.

https://www.pentastarparts.com.au/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1931

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

use a straight edge (like a bit of 4x2 or a bit of angle iron) and hold it against the wheel so it's as flat as you can get it. mark on the floor directly in front of the tyre and another mark at the end of your straight edge (like 2 meters away or something) aim for about 10mm smaller at the 2m away mark. that should get it so you can drive it without any drama

Ive had to do this a couple of times now with customers who wont pay for a wheel alignment after we have replaced steering or suspension components.

get yourself out a measuring tape and put one end of the tape in the middle grove of the tyre and run it across to the other front tyre into the same middle grove.

so lets say the measurement is 2.300mm for example 

so now that you have measured the front face on the front tyres now measure from the back face of the front tyres in the same middle tread grove as previously.

and lets say the back measurement is 2.400mm

so the vehicle has 100,mm of toe out.

so set the steering wheel straight.

also do this while the car is resting on the ground. not jacked up.

and adjust the tie rods until the measurement is the same on both faces or close enough.

Inkedtoe-caster_LI.thumb.jpg.d0d71de74c210b8c34c5f9ba38db2b67.jpg

doing this should get it quite close and fairly straight. but wont be that accurate if your caster and camber is also upto shit.

this pic gives you a better idea

best of luck!

• Like 1

I don't trust the tyre tread

Jack up the wheels, spin the wheel and put the pointy end of a screwdriver against the tread. Leaves a nice dark line that is straight. Put the car on the ground and roll it back and forth a bit to settle the suspension. Do your measurements 

• 2 weeks later...