another bike carb setup thread

BlownCorona

lol no question. 

i only asked if it was the problem, because i saw the flash only once (and then that runner didnt spit again) and the other runners that were spitting displayed no visible flash. might just be positioning of the vac leak, who knows. 

other question is, why the fire on the wrong side of the valve? does leaned out mixture caused by a vac leak ever ignite on a hot valve?

never had any issues like this with the webber dd i just pulled of it, so id think the valves and sealing are okay

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive had a lot of old (87-90) gsxr 750s and 1100s and they all ran like shit and over fuelled with out the factory airbox.

you can put filters on them all and it will still run like shit.you need to find good filters that breath well and tune it with them on.

these k&n filters are the best I personaly used

6a9r.jpg

• Like 1

all real good info,

timing is perfect, first thing i did,

and yes, no more tuning untill vac leaks are sorted, ive had my heart set on velocity stacks for ages, so ill to my best to tune with no filters, but if i end up needing them ill need them, but most setups i see on the net run no filters succesfully.

tuning is the part i enjoy most anywa

so it looks as if it was indeed a vacleak, pulled the manifold tonight and discoverd many, welded them all up, 1st manifold is sweet as, perfect. 

2nd manifold however, has bowed slightly after being welded :( so although the maifold is sealed, theres probably a worse leak at the  flange now. 

is there ANY way that i can get it back straight? 

zero luck :(

ive bolted it up, and it JUST doenst seal, 

what are the implications of running say two gaskets?

or another idea was crank it up hard as fuck on my spare/mock up heat, and heat it alot with the blow torch, would that make it worse or would it re temper it??

i would really like not not remove any material, because (unlike my previous post) they are actually all the same thickness, and since they fit together on the same side of the engine, clamp up with the same force. 

that said, if i need to, i need to.