Slugs strip beetle

flyingbrick

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Mate, its a Taipan... I had been looking for a beach buggy, but they are stupid expensive, this thing is insanely good condition/road legal for the money, and its all been done well. Was re registered after being certed as a scratchbuilt in 2013.

Yep, that would be my Taipan. Dropped off at the transporter yesterday.

Sad day for me, but I know its going to a great home. Can't wait to see it's final form!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Its the length too, they are 11.53" long, seat pressure is 435lbs and .620" lift (820lbs at full lift) - 280 duration at .050" so its a pretty aggressive grind. Mechanical roller lifters. 

Ive seen scuffing on 3/8" chromolly pushrods on other VW engines I have built with a lot less spring pressure than the above and only spinning to 7500 ish rpm.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

If anyone is interested, I am looking at selling the 55. It is a roller, engineless, with or without gearbox. I have a ton of options/stuff that will go with the car. Looking for 20k without the box or 30 with it. Box is a mendeola MD4S, good for 1000 flywheel horsepowers (rotary maybe ? ). The whole deal is no expense spared.

Prepared to do deals.

As per my build thread, I have bought another car, I have thought about finishing this, but motivation/time are against me.

Yet another notch in the bedhead of broken dreams.

JqhFUd1Z6EcB871GCUA7CJqiX8FHbqby0NVDao5B9sx1D1ERQv1yucR_zHX8vnDCK3oTIl4kzudCwziYBLotedj0s3_7tYIdeuFK1OvUwbkrv0HxdAMyjzO21Sz69Y3UgANCYT98MZjTIpswytzo_4WPM-smiTL-bFlRSgAndE5RiKQ3Q16enO1bDRbDL3jWDyqY0hJcQlAFuyhvKyjflIn_y20kT_S7E8J5tCeobkfuuptkDVrFZfPPdReQeds1w4DcHMDwCxEIj-1URKnzE0kvoMGuv6Ad0wCe9lp3Hul6LSZfRPn0ll2LhTDd-sVfeG5Q6rt5_kYGqcTb-sXUaF_4WZIkc2KMAPUCPoJ_39nHh7hi_HcAxPhObUnSqqvq1Nl1ClAmoRDjeEkdM_XOBQtKK-yS6Ofx2_FbAuPVXSX7jE4bNUalRW-CEszPqM_cHSuNbR6o8CywhNHOJrVbl6Gm5k9uW5qXIzWje33WvHlm7oDJvHsGH3DA-SWeyBVjiWKkRyklUVpi-RyYpLGi9aoYsYJisPFV0NShpFu-6oK2rKI2lmszi2OjxkP42BmIX7oLkbQJzWqQiNMEVxRaAhsmppyym7TVREq30gBRang-8dHzuew8cfyFHHpsnY-5h98lcKsvAfj8TnsCXtYEzEQIvhJDMAU0Uq2iFGKlmBeh0p94jnlgeCQm63iNhytmHsdI6sfL3XU14VJ_tin4aA1A1A=w1500-h1125-no?authuser=0

11 minutes ago, j.e.d. said:

That's a shame... can you not cut the old body over the new chassis?

I really just want to get something running, there is potential to do this and I'm pretty sure this is a tough sell at best, will just see how it all pans out. The likelihood of having both cars haunting me for years to come is high !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...