Slugs strip beetle

flyingbrick

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

W on the speed rating (270 ks ?). Cant really go any lower at the front, could push it up for that gasser look. Maybe they would look better with the original rears, I just get sick of pumping up slicks so threw the old 215/60/15 M&H semis on those rear rims.

FOT4018_zpsodukw6da.jpg

Or maybe powder coast the rears in the grey.

AT least they are a chev stud pattern so potentially someone would maybe buy them if the suck level wont come down.

• 2 months later...

I dare say just your usual 2k clear will do, I have seen engine blocks painted with 2k that have stood the test of time so I see no reason why it won't work. Make sure you go to town sanding it before you spray it though, I was amazed at how great the bonnet scoop I made came out after I sanded it with my DA and then hit it with clear.

• Like 1

Yeah the slicked wheels are billet specs, front runner wheels are weld wheels. 

Didnt really think about the heat, with the fan running it will be sweet but once it stops theres a lot of heat soak in the heads that will radiate, head temps on the old car ran to around 190 c. But with E85 hopefully its a bit cooler. Resin used is good for 100 c before it melts. 

I was thinking maybe I could get the inside of the shroud coated with something to help with heat.

As far as coating it goes, in the light of day it looks raw, the flash bought out the pretty bits...

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Yeah Mate, its a Taipan... I had been looking for a beach buggy, but they are stupid expensive, this thing is insanely good condition/road legal for the money, and its all been done well. Was re registered after being certed as a scratchbuilt in 2013.

• Like 1