Slugs strip beetle

flyingbrick

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI - oldschool.co.nz drag meet in early December if you want to do some shakedown runs/launch practice and not go faster than 11 seconds.

The Plan is to be running in October/Nov, so will definitely be there assuming 

a) the plan comes together

b ) I havent broken it.

• Like 1

Ready set.... ponder

Should make it, ive got a pretty semi solid ish plan now !!

Taking car to The Hose Shop in Manukau next Friday. Walked in there with a monster list and the guy behind the counter says, bring it in Ill give you a hand and you only pay for what you use !! Mint hook up !!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah Im pretty sure you are right, 1/4 plate 50mm wide... back to the drawing board ... maybe make up a shield and tack the bulkhead to the back of it, or will check with nzdra if a ballistic type blanket is sufficient (seems to be used in the US quite a bit.)

• 3 weeks later...

Had a shroud to use as a template, that and MDF but the bit around the fan was from the original shroud. The plan is for a carbon fibre shroud, then advertise on the interweb and try and defray some costs, unlikely to sell any but will give it a go. Helps to have a boat builder doing all the hard stuff !!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Yeah will makes up a mild steel version with a muffler.

I need to do a bit of work on the top end too, the Jessel rockers aren't really designed to work in a vertical plane, so not very reliable due to oiling issues, and the springs are k900 triples, potentially way to much nose pressure for the street too. So some valve train work... barring that the only real potential issue would be the lack of handbrake and 3" wide front rims.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love that little touch with the speedo. It's totally rad because the driver will be way too busy at that speed to actually ever look at it.  Hahaha

Though the OCD in me wishes the zeros in the 180 and 200 were flipped so the tapered end faced inwards like the rest of the zeros and that the 20 was spun around like the 180 and 200.

But the OCD in me also wishes that television volumes only went up in even numbers and that all book pages started with a new paragraph so I could stop reading and know the next day that I could start at the top of the new page.

So basically don't listen to the OCD in me - he's a dick.

• Like 3