Kurt's kp61 starlet

kurt.

i'd make a double sided setup like this.   weld it to the back of the link mount and to the diff case itself.   or  weld to link mount  and strengthen the link mount.   but if you and your cert man are happy with it, carry on.

Pic_0019dfln.jpg

ps: i would extend the link mount while your at it.  lowering the bottom links will give you more grip

• Like 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its likely those T3 Rear coilovers wont pass cert due to their design. 

Pretty sure the adjustable sleeve has to be welded to the actual shock body, and the T3 ones just have the clamp holding the sleeve on.So in my eyes if the bolts broke then your whole coilover would colapse and you would be fucked. 

Maybe just double check with your cert man before going through the process. Or correct me if you've checked already ha.

• Like 1

you guys realise that the one he linked too is in deed certed, and certed by our resident certifier Clint and he is also the one who said that thats how it was supposed to be done right?

granted, doing what KPR said would be far more bad ass, but what he's done is supposedly legit

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sweet wheels, much better then those hideous roller skates that were/are on it now. To split welded bands you can either machine off the outer barrel and get a new one made, or if you are very carefull/lucky I have heard of people splitting the weld (on a lathe or with a thin cutoff disc) and salvaging the barrels.