Matt_spitfire's TA22 Daily Driver build/resto

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Worries man.

If you do happen to get in contact with him just tell him Matt with the ta22 in Nelson recommended him, he did the sills at the end of last year, he didnt have a template so he might have saved the one i sent him.

If not like i said in the last reply i have some offcuts from my new sills.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Im have issues finding a pair of ae86/te71 rear callipers in working order, can anyone help???

Im shortening up my t-series diff so i can tuck 15x9.5 rims so i figured i would convert it to disc brakes while im at it

Alternatively ive found some ma61 rear callipers and discs but the guy doesnt have time to get the bolt spacing on the callipers where they mount to the dust shield.. Does anyone know what the bolt spacing is on ma61 rear callipers? im guessing it would be the same as sa60 ta etc correct me if im wrong?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

-Matt

• 1 month later...

Cheers Hillman1, I was thinking about keeping the 3t as an upgrade later down the track but if i do updrade i can see myself going down the beams 3ge/NA route as ive got the ra23 with 1jzgte turbo goodness so dont really need to turbo celicas. I'd consider selling the engine and everything together as a package as i could do with some more funds for the ta22

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers Ned, its slow going but should pick up once i move into my new place thats closer to the shed!

corey_jorg id been looking at all sorts of adjusties, i narrowed it down to civic/integra adjusties as theyre shorter the fronts are about 400-450mm from memory and rears are 295mm and have the pillow/ball (adjustable platform) also theyre a light weight car so i figured the spring rates wouldnt be too far off as a starting point.

i was originally looking at dc3 integra adjusties as a there was a set forsale locally that i looked at but they sold, i just stumbled across the dc5 apexi adjusties on trademe they were a fair price and 3 way adjustable, the fact the fronts shocks were sleeved top to bottom and had the removable lower platforms meant it would be easy enough to spin up a sleeve and weld upto my mx6*

Cheers

Matt

• 1 month later...

Is anyone in the Auckland city area able to pick up 2 tyres for me and drop them off to a shipping depot, they're on trade me and the auction finishes this thursday (pick up only).

Payment will be made in order for you to purchase beers to replenish your thirst after a job well done.

Let me know if you can help.

Cheers

Matt

Love your work!!! I've been through a TA23 and a RA28 myself over the years. Actually fitted a set of flat lights to the 23 so there are some in the country.

Hole spacing is different from memory, but not to much. I remember having to slot holes, and obviously the centre garnishes mounting holes are heaps different.

Cheers

Matt

Love your work!!! I've been through a TA23 and a RA28 myself over the years. Actually fitted a set of flat lights to the 23 so there are some in the country.

Hole spacing is different from memory, but not to much. I remember having to slot holes, and obviously the centre garnishes mounting holes are heaps different.

Cheers

Matt

Cheers Matt, yeah theres a bit of difference with the lights but im going to have to modify the panel behind the centre garnish to take the fuel filler for the drop tank so there will be a bit of fabrication to be done but should be worth it, i know of a couple of ta22's with the flat lights but they were like that from factory or bought in from over seas, the plugs are different too. 

I guess its the same with most old school cars you couldnt give the spare parts away a few years back now its nearly impossible to find parts haha.

Cheers

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to make some new rear suspension towers for the rear coil overs now that the hilux diff is in, does anyone have some 150x150 rhs they'd be keen to sell? off cuts or the likes after 2x lengths about 250-300mm or one length 500-600mm i can cut down, steel flavour.

Cheers!

Matt

• 1 month later...

Trying to decide on what tyres to run on the rears 15x8.5 any suggestions? dont want to run a 195 45 r15 as thats what going on the front. thinking a 195 50 r15 or a 205 50 r15..

Does anyone have any pics of 15x8.5 rims with tyres?

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Yeah i was thinking maybe a 225/45/r15, Spiderwebfx here on the forums was looking into getting some imported from the states, i don't might running a little bit of stretch on the 8.5's but definitely not after the amount a 195/45 gives, i know a 195/45 can be certed on an 8 so thats what ill run on the 7.75's up front as i already have a pair of those, and the front guards on the celica don't have any kind or arch or flare on them so a bit of stretch will be beneficial.

Cheers

Matt