Matt_spitfire's TA22 Daily Driver build/resto

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the shots of your panels!? C'mon meow!

Haha, theyre on my phone, ill try get them up tonight.

Got the week off work so im trying to get all the mechanicals sorted then if it stops raining might try lay down some primer!

Cheers

Matt

hahah, sweet.

You're happy with the recommendation of getting restored.jp gear though, I take it?

Cheers for putting me onto Ewan at stacked man, real stoked with the new panels will only need minor panel work before paint!

Just posted some photos in the build thread!

This is looking amazing man. What a nice body.

Cheers man, its getting there slowly still looks like a bit of a heap but paint should sort that out, these cars are pretty and have some awesome lines!

Cheers

Matt

Yeah man stupid iPhone and shit light, I'm sorting out the exhaust at the moment so the car is jacked up on axel stands but as soon as that's finished then I'll drop it back down and roll it outside and get some decent photos. the panels are sitting in the house so they done get knocked or damaged in the shed.

Did you get some restored panels too? I got a call from Pbt asking if I was getting some stuff from restored sent to palmy or Hamilton as well as Nelson, can't remember which place it was now haha

Yeah, your guards were wrapped up with mine, got guards, bonnet and a few other bits and pieces.

Mine are still in Dorkland, will be enroute when possible. Pretty excited.

Aha i see i wondered what they were on about when pbt called me haha.

are they datsun panels? im sure you you wont be disapointed when they arrive!

Yeah, 1 of these but in full FRP, not carbon sadly.

DSC010431.jpg

DSC0104111.jpg

and a pair of these:

DSC019681.jpg

DSC019691.jpg

They'll match the boot-lid I already have.

I also managed to get this over via EMS so it arrived ages ago.

DSC060152.jpg

Not sure what PBT was on about with it's other P.North lark though, sounds more like they fucked up because my stuff was only ever destined to sit in Dorkland until I could figure out getting it down. Luckily I have a contact with TNL though.

Yeah, 1 of these but in full FRP, not carbon sadly.

DSC010431.jpg

DSC0104111.jpg

and a pair of these:

DSC019681.jpg

DSC019691.jpg

They'll match the boot-lid I already have.

I also managed to get this over via EMS so it arrived ages ago.

DSC060152.jpg

Not sure what PBT was on about with it's other P.North lark though, sounds more like they fucked up because my stuff was only ever destined to sit in Dorkland until I could figure out getting it down. Luckily I have a contact with TNL though.

Youll be stoked when you get them man! can believe how light they are compared to the factory panels aswell! i was tempted by the carbon fibre panels but theyre not cheap.

I noticed restored were doing frp bits of trim now aswell, i would have got some bumpers and hood vents if they were available when i ordered my bonnets and guards

• 5 months later...

Just thought i'd post this up here for Matt. Some may know of his issues with getting this awesome celica re-registered but to cut a long story short, there is no history of this car known in the LTNZ database

Would anyone know its rego number, or any history prior to this trademe auction in 2009?? Matt has tried to get info from this person but no luck there - just wanting anything that might help get it registered.

11910784_10152931498467191_1433027126_n_

114151879_full_zps1iftag1r.jpg

114151281_full_zpsegbcey4w.jpg

114159850_full_zpswyi9gukm.jpg

114163525_full_zpsdxpkwlgb.jpg

not sure if it will help but I recently had a car that with no plates etc just chassis number and they could track through that , it got interesting because we knew the car had been road legal here but the chassis number (as stamped on the car) wasn't on file ! as we eventually found out it was because it had been miss-entered when new (car was a 1999) we got a helpful person a vtnz who figured it out , I have since found I could enter chassis number into carjam and figure it out that way too , carjam as many different variations of chassis number (0 for o , 5 and s i and 1 etc . in my case they had reversed some numbers 123 instead of 231) and see what you find , good luck !

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

hows this coming along matt? that colour looks so sweet man

Hey man, sorry i havnt been on here in months!, project is on hold at the moment while i source some parts for it.. theoretically i could put it through cert now but i would have to get it recerted once the alternative parts arrive. it starts stop and goes though!

Hows your project coming along? I saw youve been hitting up strungout and papa roach in the states, id give my left nut to go do that shit!

• 1 month later...

Is there any interest in my mighty 2tg out if this thing? Going a different route so maybe up forsale.

Some deets:

2tgeu converted to twin side draft

Mikuni solex twin side drafts with custom linkage set up and ramflo filters

Custom extractors

New leads

New dizzy cap

New oil

Can come with 3tgte flywheel, clutch, bell housing or 2t flywheel clutch also a pare motor 2x spare EFI I take manifolds, complete EFI engine

Loom and multiple

Starters ect

Let me know if you're interested as need to free up some space and funds for new engine conversion.

Cheers

• Like 1

Is there any interest in my mighty 2tg out if this thing? Going a different route so maybe up forsale.

Some deets:

2tgeu converted to twin side draft

Mikuni solex twin side drafts with custom linkage set up and ramflo filters

Custom extractors

New leads

New dizzy cap

New oil

Can come with 3tgte flywheel, clutch, bell housing or 2t flywheel clutch also a pare motor 2x spare EFI I take manifolds, complete EFI engine

Loom and multiple

Starters ect

Let me know if you're interested as need to free up some space and funds for new engine conversion.

Cheers