Campylobacter's Campylandrover

xsspeed

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

can get yours 'reground' for about $150+gst or get it smacked on a new billet for another$150+gst - so $345 for a brand new item

I went the new billet way so that it'd keep a good base circle etc etc and my original cam just looked pooey.

Went for the High torque/"STAGE 2" cam which should work pretty well for my application. I'm happy with the power output of a buggered 186, just keen for a bit more power a little higher up the rev range so it should go nicely esp with stock style exhaust and carb and shit. 

You can still get crow cams for them but they're approaching $500 for one and I wasn't too worried about that. 

The real fun here will come when I see how much it needs to be dialled in I guess. Not sure what method to go with to dial the cam in/adjustable timing gears etc. I guess I'll make a call on whether to even bother when it gets to that stage. 

Next thing I'm after is a 3.3 blue/black carby engine electronic dizzy if anyone has one kicking around...

also I'll have a 186 up for grabs soonish. wants a bit of love but could be an ideal recipient for a tart up if you wanted to not take your whip to bits before you get it sorted

Heh, I am already running my spare 186 in the car, have been for mumble mumble years. The original is under a bench with a stripped fibre timing gear.

Seems to! Havent done huge amounts through them yet but i like browsing their online store.

My brother has an account there for his new bidNess and seems to be buying stuff constantly. Great place and very helpful which compared to their direct competition in town is a breath of fresh air.

Half our guys couldn't wire a tail lamp so probably limits our spend with them.....

Prolly a bit rough but yeah we sub most of our electrical out.

Do quite a bit of stuff through the retail sales part so it will probably grow. At this stage I've bought more for my own stuff than anything hahah

• 1 year later...