xsspeed

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Othila i hink i have them someplace/my brother has them in his stored stuff

il straight up give em to you if they havnt gone lost

dont think they were ever transfered to my name tho. But i think just rock em for a while and they become yiurs?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

How shit are these things actually? I promised myself I would never own another British car after the jag, but I have a pine on for series landys.

mate in reality they're pretty shit. vague steering, rough riding, noisy, leaky, slow, cold, uncomfortable, high maintenance (drum brakes all round, wat). 

you shoudn't buy one. 

tbh I don't like when people put landcruiser/patrol diffs and other whizz bang shit in them. I like them pretty stock. holden motor is a good conversion - much more grunt and way less gas used - but if i wanted to make one too flash I'd buy a deefer or something else entirely. 

50mph fast cruise gets old pretty quick. i drove it all the way to work this afternoon at 60-65mph and holy shit. shitty brakes are shitty. 

I wouldn't give mine up though. they're bloody awesome. I cheese at taking people places in it (use it at work one day a week and ferry people around in it a bit) and effortlessly clicking through crash 1st and second. driving with the vent flaps open and the windows slid open on a cold day.loading a shit-tonne of people in the back and cruising somewhere. mine's a legal 9 seater. hilarious! 

but yeah. get a resonable bush crasher and have some fun. if your jag was too much for you, i doubt you'll love a landrover. They're simple as but they're a different kind of rewarding to most vehicles. 

Damn I'm jealous. I just bought a cruiser so its on my to do list at the moment. Fuck your landys sweet man, big enough to chuck an air mattress in the back for sleeping?

yeah man i reckon I can get a queen matress in there eh. gotta make up a ply baord for the middle then will be doing some camping in it over summer!!

They aren't that shit, but they are a bit shit - noisy, slow, some parts are really expensive. I will definitely have another one

Interesting, you have 2 now?  i rode in a holden powered one today & suddenly think it'd be a good thing to own.

yeah two. I doubt i'll ever drive the series one. it' just so rooted. they're neat though you should buy one.

so cool! would love a 3door discovery one or an early defender with those!

I love landys, esp series, with cookie cutters though. mine are 750r16. ~32" diameter. 7.5" wide ona  5.5" (widest factory series rims except for 101" FC's) rim. tall and skinny! 

most jokers running 32s or 33s in nz run a 12.5" wide tyre which is massive in comparison.