Threeonthetree's Two Stroke Motorcycles etc

UTERUS

They have been hit and miss for me in the past. One time they were great, the next time I threatened to pay what they quoted me on the phone and not what they were billing me for which was massively different. I'm on the fence about using them so I think I'll ask for some advice in the bike chat brap chap.

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah what Rookie said.

You used to need a document from the Police to confirm they had no interest in it, then some kind of proof of purchase but last time I had to do that was 2000.

Now its just a jp witnessed form of you stating you own it. Local mp offices often have jp's in them.

Sentra is the local Auckland Area GC. He saw the shameful condition of my cracked gearbox cover and offered to weld it up for me.

30261834866_9012d56e73_b.jpgIMG_7582 by Neal OnTheTree, on Flickr

And then he worked some TIG magic on it:

29749495723_9b13e7e988_b.jpgIMG_7729 by Neal OnTheTree, on Flickr

30264668552_df146f3b2a_b.jpgIMG_7736 by Neal OnTheTree, on Flickr

I've bolted it all back together, repacked the clutch actuator thing with grease and adjusted the clutch. It's all good to go.

The cover is in poor condition and has other cracks which will need addressing later on. As such I've polished the repaired area by hand and will leave it looking the way it does.

Because it will come off for more repairs in the future and it's all about function over form on this sleek speed machine. Well, zero/low cost over anything that costs dollarydoos mayte.

Thanks Dave!

29750540434_0f093a9fed_b.jpgIMG_7728 by Neal OnTheTree, on Flickr

• Like 5

I went to VTNZ today as it was next to the Gull petrol station where I was filling up the Police Car.

I have collected a couple of copies of the 'Form of Statutory Declaration' and will be documenting the process in this thread.

As mentioned by Rookie, Kicker (and Goat at Hawkes Boes) this form only asks me for my full name and address, details of the vehicle including VIn/Chassis numbers, full name of the seller of the vehicle and their address.

I then sign the part where I 'solemnly declare that I have legal ownership of the vehicle mentioned below' at the top of the page and have a Justice of the Peace sign the form.

And that's where I'm up to.

I'll head back to VTNZ sometime soon and update the progress.

Oh and I need to remove the gearbox cover and take it to SentraDave to be welded. Again.

His weld held up a treat but it's cracked in another place because it's a piece of shit quality alloy.

Dave is high quality.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I had to use a stat dec (which was not for the last three bikes I reregd) I also had to show proof aka evidence that I owned it to back up what I was declaring.

I have used a print out of a Trademe listing with me showing as winner or emails / proof of bank transfer. At the end of the day a declaration is just a statement that is witnessed so JP may want to see proof to back up the statement.

Then again, just like every process with land transport (an Inconsistent mess when it comes to reregistering bikes) it can depend on how the jp/entry inspector is feeling on the day or whether they actually know the rules.

In my experience about 20% of persons responsible for making these crucial decisions actually know their own rules.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Have changed the thread title as I have a few other small bikes that should probably go in here.
First up is my 1967 Yamaha F5. I ride this as much as possible and it's been absolutely dependable. It's sluggish off the mark due to the lack of torque and 49cc engine but it will top 70km/h eventually:

39385236370_bc9d126371_k.jpg20180101_123155 by Neal OnTheTree

26322420667_dcd2123ab2_k.jpgIMG_1473 by Neal OnTheTree

Next, I have a couple of Suzuki B120s. One runs and the other is for parts. I'll get around to them eventually:

40299653585_27bb85d0e3_k.jpg20171222_195316 by Neal OnTheTree, on Flickr

And lastly, I have this horrible photo of my '74 Suzuki GT185. It's an L model so the first to gain a front disc brake:

26322413797_f8bfb04c93_b.jpg29745936_10209296527490825_942430002_n by Neal OnTheTree, on Flickr

It also does lots of gearbox wees as the drive sprocket seal is chooched.

Will just sit on them for a while as I extend my garage and do other adult things like fix my house. But I'll crack on with either the B120s next or possibly a certain CT90 that @GuyWithAviators gave me a new kickstart lever for.

• Like 7