intake backfire help

hillman1

hey guys after a bit of help with back fire got a horie carby setup to move car around without putting my back out but got a nasty backfire thort it was timing so pulled dizzy and reset to number one tdc witch helped a little bit well at least it fires now but cuts out with backfire and flame if i try reconect cam breather hose put a link to video so you can see what i mean any ideas what i can do to try stop this carb is overfuelling and leaking any ideas how to stop this would also help as i think the 2 issues are related to each other its a stromburg cd side draft running 5psi of fuel is this to much as you can see in video its pooring out

not realy woried about it working well just enough to move it in and out of shed till i can get cash together for a rebuild and oem carbs just chucked carb had lying around of avenger on it to get it to fire all fuel is coming out over flow on carb due to to high fuel pressure i believe but cant wind down any lower on fpr. just realy want to know about the back fire threw breather hose would this be from firing before intake valves close? not much ajustment on dizzy so maybe i mised a tooth 

not realy when the shed in on a hill + muddy as fuck ground + shity shoes+ no help + hail = face full of cold mudd and being late to work coz you get overalls covered in mud trust me its only funny the first time mate. in reality it will work for what i want it for just need to sort out timing and over fueling yea it wont be very responsive but hey im not gona get in many drag races driving it in the shed am i

Pull out the spark plugs.

Drive car in an out of shed using starter motor.

I've seen it done, LOL

I've also seen it done by lazy mechanics on a Friday afternoon and then I've seen them ordering new starter motor on the Monday morning LOL.

transit vans eh

starting another project so you can work on your project better?

i'm guessing you'll spend more time and money fixing your quick-fix than you will waiting for a clear saturday and borrowing some gummies.

not trying to rip the shit out of it, we're all just giving advice based on very similar experiences.

Every one else seems to be telling you "don't waste your time"

In reality there's realty only two things that cause inlet back fires to that degree.

1, Spark plug leads round the wrong way. To check, Take dizzy cap of and check where no 1 is. That will be 1 or 4 depending on the position of the cam. Next turn over the engine to check which way the shaft turns. Use the 1342 firing order based on that.

2, An inlet valve is hanging open. To eliminate this as a cause do a compression test, if 1 cylinder is low you've found your problem.

Ohh and fix that fuel leak before you hurt your self.