Tarmac series for some good action!

M_C

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bringing old smokey before I take the engine out for a rebuilt. Are you allowed to use different cars for different events?

Yes, but would need to enter each one seperately I think.

Will not be able to collect points for series.

I'd say the motorkhana is pretty casual as far as vehicle spec goes. I did one of the Fiat Club Waikato motorkhanas in my MX5 a couple of years ago, and that's just a shitty road registered car with no cage or anything. Pretty sure I did it with the hard top off and no helmet too.

In the second post the last link is the min specs for the cars.

Motorkhana and autocross both do not need a rollover bar for open top cars, but for the whole series you do not need a cage in closed roof cars for the events.

You do not need a roll cage for any Tarmac clubsport event for closed roof cars.

What else you want to know or concerned about...

EDIT: because was drunkin

You dont need a m class lic if its your first teo events ever.. for you m class lic you need to be part of a Motorsport nz affiliated car club, the Auckland university car club is the cheapest at $12 a year otherwise it's always nice to support the fiat club who put the series on.

100% cotton workshop overalls are fine for clubsport events.

Mitre10 have fire cans with 2 metal straps for $35 which are perfect. Most people use these.

A helmet is the other thing - go to the Motorsport nz page and under the schedule a driver safety there is a listing of helmet certifications - the helmet just needs to meet one of those certifications. Just print it out and head to a motorcycle shop and test fit the helmets that meet one of the certifications - mist do these days. Yes dirt bike helmets also are acceptable if they meet the certicification.

Anyone bringing a car down or trailering their can down that can fit a bonnet in the back and bring it up to Auckland for me?

glue it to the roof?

I was planning on making this, but still have parts coming in from UK, so won't have enough time to stitch it all together. Aiming for the second event instead. Fingers crossed.

ohh come on Brad... My car still currently has none of the following:

- Gearbox Oil

- Driveshafts

- Front Suspension

- Wheel alignment

- Hubs 

Hoping to get the driveshafts today so i can lay in the rain tonight and put them back in.

Well yeah, from past experience it took 3 days to get from UK to Auckland and 3 weeks to get through customs and make its way from Auckland to Hamilton... But either way, the car can't go far without a pedal box, so I'll just wait patiently until it's here.