Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sure if its just me, but none of the pics are appearing

"The URL doesn't refer to an image, or the image is not publicly accessible."

so either your link is wrong, or iforce is playing silly buggers,

id open a photobucket account and host your images there, then you can use the

[img=pic name.jpg]
tags and the photo will appear straight on the page

Cheers, yeah haven't used iForce before, so there may be some teething problems.

Nothing too major planned at this stage, wheels and height are the main things for now. I might see if I can get new barrels for those Uni-Pex wheels to get a bit more width. The exhaust is a bit tired, so that will need looking at before too long…

I'm keeping it as a pretty straight forward daily drive at the moment.

Great looking GTO. If your motor is an original non-balanceshaft 4g52 be super watchful on overheating as those heads will wrap on a drop of a hat. Also, if your engine is a 4g52 you shouldn't need a electric fan as the mechanical fan should be more than up to the job. However, if you have a 4g63 then the mechanical fan will likely be too far away from the radiator to draw enough air through the radiator. For an alternator/regulator try http://www.aespares.co.nz who are in Henderson.

the tyres of the time probably would have been 185/70/13.

I really dig those wheels, because they're of the time as well.  they'd deffo be JDM, IMHO.

nice ride.  my Dad had a 16L back in the 70's, really lusted for a GTO2000.

Cheers for the feedback guys.

hmmmnz, I've added a couple of interior and engine bay pics, check 'em out here:

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/38425-sr-rollas-1974-mitsi-colt-gto/?p=1087701

Brock-Lee, I'd like to get it sitting super low, I've never seen one slammed, I think it would look pretty sweet. Wont go too crazy just yet as it's currently my daily drive and I have to be able to get in and out of a pretty steep driveway at home but it's definitely a bit high at the moment.

Thanks for the info dwlee, helpful to know as my old Mitsubishi knowledge is still pretty light at this stage.

and yeah snapper they wheels are proper old, of the right period, so I think they should look really good on the car. According to the stickers inside the barrels they are from 1977.

• 2 weeks later...

The rear vision has always been an issue with these and I haven't seen one yet where the demister hasn't been damaged from cleaning. I'm going to have a go at repairing one of mine while the rear window is out.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Cheers dwlee,

I wondered if the wheel was something like that.. I think the guy who did a restoration on it in the 90s has used bits from a couple of cars (and lots of wood screws to reassemble…), so I'm never quite sure what's original and what's not.

I don't really know enough about Mitsubishis yet, was always more of a Toyota man in the past.

Nice old mitsi bro.

These things sell for drug money nowdays aye?

A good mate's dad has his late brother's one of these parked up in a shed. (Mate uncle passed away from old age) Only comes out once a month to go around the block to keep things working.

It's a pity these cars got so scarce. They really are one of the best of the late 70's jappa fastbacks.

• 1 month later...