SR ROLLA's 1974 Mitsi Colt GTO

SR ROLLA

When I put semi-sealed units in mine the locator tabs matched one of the cups and not the other cup. The units I used had thin metal tabs in a sort of a loop and I was able to manipulate the tab so that they fitted into the cup correctly. The difference in the cups is to stop people putting the wrong headlight in the wrong location so the high/low has different taps to single high. I put in two sets of high/low semi-sealed units and just running one set as high.

Shame about the rust/bog/dent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question with your seals...

Did you by the door seals off rare spares only?

Or did you also get the weatherstrip for the top of the door (called door belt as well I believe)

Trying to find that part for my 16L, including the rear seat side window belt seals

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for the slow reply, only seen these questions just now.

The only thing I've had from Rare Spares so far is the door rubbers. I replaced the brush seals (which run along the top edges of the doors and under the rear windows, I think that's what you're after?)direct from Mitsubishi NZ. Not sure if they will still have them, they only had a few left when I got those, which was a couple years ago now.

• 3 months later...

hey,

saw your post about breaks, i am currently in the process of getting my Celeste certed but i've turned down my hubs and used re drilled rx7 roters and Subaru calipers with a custom rear plate as you can still get the pads and roters for those.

can discuss further if interested.

• 1 month later...

take your fuel flap into auto industrial and they will match some paint and put it in a rattle can for you. its not cheep but ill be the right colour. 

http://2cu.co.nz/auckland/listings/62464-auto-industrial-supplies-ltd

pay to give them a ring and talk about what you're after. they are usually pretty busy so see when they can do it. 

Edited by sheepers
  • Like 1

Take your fuel flap off - or some other small removable panel - or the whole car in

Id image theres a few paint suppliers up there can do it. But they can do a spektro (?) match, we have a couple places down here that can do it.

Spray store, RJ Patersons down here do it

Best bet as others have said is get it colour match. My 75 has Himalayan Blue, but my 76 originally had Tahitian Blue. I suspect your car was/is Himalayan Blue AC10178. NZ cars came with the standard JDM colours plus a few extras like gold and yellow. A good guide to the colour options strips can be found at http://www.galantgto.net/option-stripe.html

By the way the wheels and whitewalls look great.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My uncle brough a GTO new.  One of the first in New Zealand and the first in Wellington.

He confirmed to me that the claimed top speed of 111mph was infact correct, as they achieved this on the western side of Lake Taupo late on night. 

F80F1CD6-508A-49D2-A64E-EBEFA61F840B.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Ha ha, nice Swannie.

Hey Fourtydogg, finding parts can be a bit of a mission, to be honest. Things pop up on TradeMe occasionally, always worth keeping an eye out. Most of my bits come from Yahoo Japan. You can use services like Buyee (http://buyee.jp/) to buy stuff which would normally only ship locally in Japan – it goes to their warehouse and then they forward on to NZ.

There are a couple of facebook groups too where parts come up from time to time. This one from Thailand: https://www.facebook.com/groups/107027213189/
This one too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/107027213189/

There's a few retro parts pages on Instagram too.

Basically just lots of scouring the internet all the time. Mitsubishi NZ has a few bits and pieces but have been fairly picked clean by now.

Good Luck!

awesome thanks for your help. Those headlights you got look sick. I'm just hunting for bits I'm missing at the moment. No one's got a spare set of the chrome strip that goes below the doors by any chance?

If I go into Mitsubishi can they see what parts are available under my rego number?

My mates just started working there but he doesn't know how to look stuff up very well yet(still learning)

• 3 weeks later...