SR ROLLA's 1974 Mitsi Colt GTO

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the car for it's cert today. No issues with the suspension, so all good there, pretty stoked. I really recommend Racelign, they have done a great job and everything seems very high quality.

There are a couple of other little things to take care of though: fan needs a shroud or cover of some kind, so now would be a good time to finally ditch it and get an electric replacement. Steering wheel needs different bolts, the supplied ones are no good. Easy peasy. The real bummer is that getting whitewalls painted on counts as a modification to the tyres, which is a no-no, so those fail. I'll have to either buy a full new set of tyres for the 13s or finish refurbing the 14s, get a couple of new tyres for those and get it complied with those wheels instead. I can always get it complied for the other wheels later, if I can find some affordable whitewall tyres. I guess flappers could be an option too? but I think those are mostly only really wide/full wall white. Not really keen on plain balloony black tyres.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...