Thminimans 1977 Leyland Mini

thminiman

Ha, Big Purps clocked over 200k a few years ago and started to get a few rattles/fucked shocks/everything.

It was just as I was leaving to do some work and I decided to sell it before I left. I've lived in regret ever since.

img11211.jpg

I later downgraded to a late model V6 Nissan.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

yea.... I don't know what you last read/heard but I left engineering at the start of 2013 to do a commerce degree full time. Fuck knows why.

But I'm in the final year of that, so come november I will hopefully be fully back into the working world, with money and spare time and motivation to get this thing back on the road before it clocks the decade without a WOF.

thats right a fucking Decade.

Also, random big purps update. It scarily popped up for sale down the road a few weeks ago.

fnxsln5r.nj2.jpg

Alas, The hulk is a hard car to beat.

dbhimcba.aj3.jpg
  • Like 3

I got them from minibitz out in West Auckland. 

He basically imports all his shit from minispares in the UK, on small items I've found it cheaper to buy from them directly, on larger stuff like tyres and yea, seats, He's pretty competitive with being able to spread the shipping cost across more items.

They're these ones, If I was to do it again, I'd get them without head rests, as they're quite bulky and make the seat look a bit arse. That and they make it impossible to access the back seat. Mind you it will be a nice to have for track days etc.

http://www.minispares.com/product/Classic/Interior/Seats_Belts/Seats/SEAT11V.aspx?170501&ReturnUrl=/shop/classic/interior/seats,~belts.aspx|Back%20to%20shop

That said, I'd probably go for something even different again to be honest

http://www.minispares.com/product/Classic/Interior/Seats_Belts/Seats/SEAT13.aspx?170501&ReturnUrl=/shop/classic/interior/seats,~belts.aspx|Back%20to%20shop

• Like 1

• 6 months later...