64Valiant's ideal AP5

Valiant

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Saw this at my mates wedding couple weeks back A+++! Cheers! Tough as guts! Even got one of the old boys yarning bout the good ole days,one of them may have mentioned something about carrying a can of nails on his motorbike to disperse  the fuzz lol@!

• Like 1

Haha Cheers man. 10/5 hit me up like 2 days out from wanting it for the wedding. At that stage the windows where out and headlining was missing and was looking average but greg to the rescue windows back in get some rego and away laughing they went. Hopefully it looks just as good for the wedding this coming Friday

POTATO CAM UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12717506_1332436363449713_39671017586321

12688109_1332436380116378_37018592495792

this is how the next week will go

windows in tomorrow and go do wedding

work my ass off for a few days

remove windows

put headlining in and make it look pretty

put windows back in

remove gear box and put new gearbox and clutch it

ready for nats

panic about new paint and roof racks going on.....

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

5 years of some abuse of that little old diff. And I gave it some abuse when I was 17 as well haha. Silly Greg. 

Running a 245 60 14 on it. Those hankooks got 5 years out of them.

My brothers diff didn't last long. They put a mustang one in if I remember correctly. 

Some dirty Bogan I used to buy parts off had a theory that those 7.25" diff were stronger because merica made and better steel. I never popped one. And my ap5's laid some Uber hektik one wheelers. Seen a few fall apart though. Pinion nuts come undone while driving.  Fortunately not in my cars. 

• Like 2

i think it was about half way through she was like "that'll do greg" haha nope i just kept going.

the one and only time im so called aloud to do a skid im going to make sure its a big one and the amount of smoke was bloody good to.

came out bloody great.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

By which method has it been lowered? 

You can flip the front spring hanger if you weld up the holes and d

Redrill them the other way around.  5his goes good on early Vals, as the spring eye is quite small. On a CM the from spring eye rubbed on the floor. On my VJ, the pinion snubber then rested on the floor too. But tilting wedges tip the diff forward, and correct this. (Also offers 6mm extra slam)

• Like 1