64Valiant's ideal AP5

Valiant

Hey, with the keen for a cruise thing, have you seen the nzmopar forum? Might be a good place to meet some local mopar guys for a run or two?

Or better yet, come down south for mopars in the south in october.

thanks man will look there :) and man i wish i could make it to mopars in the south but wont be able to make it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually my understanding that it was the earliest of the AP's that had the back to front wipers. My 1st car was a '63, and it had them.

Ap5's had the longest production run, until the VJ valiant. Someone once reckoned the real early stuff came in as CKD from the US. Hence the wipers being odd*.

*Might be complete BS.

• 2 months later...

Hey, nice wheel purchase.

You going to change your stud pattern to fit them?

thanks man not that often you find a set of 15x7 set of globes around. dad had already change the drums on the front to disk brakes so the front is running 5x114.3 so we took the rear axles out and had them re drilled when i was still at school. so not having to change anything at all just bolt on and away we go

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

hey u said u gona do upholstery,can u not save the factory stuff?mayb repairs,cleaning,padding up ,colour touch up here and there,b better 2 keep factory u think? nice car by the way!

i will post some photos tomorrow. the front seat and back rest of the back seat has a rip in it. i do it for a job and i have been hunting round to find a material close to i wouldnt have to change much of it but to replace the peaces that are ripped i have to strip the seat close to right back any way. i will be keeping the light green pleats and giving them a sugar soap clean and i will be replacing all the dark green with the one ive picked thats is as close as i could get it. 

itl make more sense when i put pics up. and thanks heaps glad you like it :)

Hey man was that electronic ignition a kit or did you order the parts individually? Also where from, like summit or something?

hey there i get majority of my parts out of oz. this is the link for what i brought. had it in and going in an hour. they also hadit to my place in about all of 3 days from word go.

http://www.hemiperformance.com.au/store2/p_1865_Slant-6-Electronic-Ignition-Conversion-Kit-Incl-Coil

love the dash on this thing, almost as simple as the bugs!

nice work on the seats, hope the ankle gets better, fuck that!

thanks man i really hope it gets better as well i want to complete the upholstery. 

you appear to be rather talented behind the sewing machine! nice work

thanks man. always good to see people happy with my work. good luck on the sale of your ute also. 

• Like 1

nice work man looking sharp!

Looking forward to seeing the 64 done!!

Sandblaster rung today and seat frames have been blasted and painted and upholstery should be on the water enroute to the land of the long white cloud!

thanks man. im also looking forward to doing the 64 seats. always good to see the end result and a happy customer in the end. hope there is some still left of your seats. will be good to see how these covers look.