shavenYak's 1985 Suzuki Carry - discussion

I have the right size sockets and power bar - when are you working on it next? I can meet you at my lockup around 2ish on Saturday afternoon to lend you what you need. You can bring it back next week some time or something.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not reverse thread. they are the old style bearing with a locator in the middle so it should be done up decently tight. if doing bearings you can push that locator to the site with a screw driver then smack the old bearing out with hammer and said screw driver

there is an up close of what the back of the hub/drum looks like in this thread here

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/33457-wezs-kranky-carry/?hl=kranky

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My darling brother has agreed to go lie in the mud at pick a part takanini and pull off the suspension cross member I need. Steering rack boots were surprisingly hard to find. $55 each from Suzuki haha! Tracked down some short universal ones through autolign that I'll fit in the weekend.

Bwarp, did you have a lead on a cheap windscreen?

• 3 weeks later...

Slight inspiration:

z4vulgdo.yjw.jpg

Went and visited a mate on Sunday arvo to let him test fit my wheels. 14x6 +15 Hart Racing/Hayashi Takechi projects. All the doors clear them and witha 175/60R14 on them they fit sweet with the fender lip rolled up. i thought the 14 might be too big, but it actually looks pretty sweet imo.

This one also has a 12A monster bridgeport in it :-/ he took me for a ride in it and needless to say it's like being in an ice cube. no traction right up to 4th gear, through the standard carry diff!!

scarrryyyyyyy

I used to own one of these, tho it was the pickup version. Awesome little things. the engines tend to be a bit tempremental since they have lots of plastic bits in the carby. Thats what makes them hard to start sometimes. The australian mightyboy club has alot of info about working on these engines since the Mightyboy uses the same engines. 

EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY!

Does anyone know of any of these wrecking - anywhere in NZ.

Desperately need the aluminium wiper pivots for the wof recheck on thursday, or friday at latest.

I'm waiting to hear back from one on trademe, but am doubtful if he can get them to me by then.  (if he's even got them)