Toyota ECU wiring what are the basics?

Guest HighLUX

Guest HighLUX

Im having a go a sorting out the wiring to make my 1gge run. What are the basics needed to make it go, I have a pinout and a wiring diagram but Im missing a bit of the loom and the 24pin ecu plug which is a cunt.

Looks like I need 4 relays to make it run?

Does the ecu need a constant 12v even when not running like a memory wire

Does the main relay open to power the 1 & 2 efi relays

Guest Simon

Im having a go a sorting out the wiring to make my 1gge run. What are the basics needed to make it go, I have a pinout and a wiring diagram but Im missing a bit of the loom and the 24pin ecu plug which is a cunt.

Looks like I need 4 relays to make it run?

Does the ecu need a constant 12v even when not running like a memory wire

Does the main relay open to power the 1 & 2 efi relays

You should only need 2 relays to make the motor run. Maybe 3 if you want to switch the starter through a relay rather than the ignition switch.

One for power to the injectors, ignitors and sensors and the other to power the fuel pump.

Yes the ECU will have a constant power supply. It will probably be in the missing cabin plug.

EFI is usually referred to as the injectors and that side of things but you can power everything off it to save using heaps of relays. Use one of the big factory ones. The fuel pump needs a separate relay because the ECU needs to turn it off if the engine stops (like in a crash).

For the missing cabin plug just de pin another plug from a wrecker with the same pins and solder a wire to them and poke them on the terminals. I put a bit of heat shrink on the ends and then when they are all on cable tie them to the neighbour wires to hold them all in place. If they are a bit loose sliding onto the pins slightly crimp them to give them more grip.

• Like 1