Where to live in Tauranga?

Guest Indiana_Jones

Guest Indiana_Jones

Same question as this thread but for Tauranga. Just keen to know from people who live/have lived there where they reckon the good areas are. Any good towns on the outskirts?

Tossing up between Hamilton and Tauranga, maybe even Dunedin (but not likely).

Cheers,

Indy

Guest logan360

Depends what your looking for price range garages etc. i live in brookfield and while i don't leave my cars on the street at night i have been known to leave them unlocked up the drive. plain colour fences do get tagged up maybe twice a month on Friday nights. its not great but if your not roadside like me its ok? some parts of greerton are the same but cambridge road area isn't too bad. never see vandalism up there. still pretty close the everything.

Guest SHGWAG

Hamilton: Rototuna is probably one of the best suburbs, but is a pain if you're commuting to the south west side of Hamilton for work..

Tauranga: Lived there for 20ish years. I've found Matua and Otumoetai to be the best places / low crime rates as long as you're not living on the main roads.

There's quite a few nice areas out pyes pa now as well.

Avoid Greeton or Parkvale/Merivale.

Guest Indiana_Jones

Cheers everyone.

At this stage I'm leaning more so towards Hamilton. We'll be renting to start with and hopefully buying in a couple of years afterwards.

Guest sr1600

Rented in Ohauiti for a while was sweet, got sick of moving and brought in welcome bay only trouble out that way is the traffic heading in over the bridge in the morning. which never worried me as I was always heading in the opposite direction.

As with anywhere there are some average areas to avoid, like Greerton or Parkvale/Merivale.

Guest haurangi

It sounds like I need to clean up my town (Greertons named after my family, lols) i'll see what I can do.

Yeah the McD's is shit.

Guest sr1600

It sounds like I need to clean up my town (Greertons named after my family, lols) i'll see what I can do.

Just seems to be a lot of neighbours who like to borrow their neighbours equipment while their out.

Nothing major

Guest MRWEST

Live at the Mount of course! Beach, bars, and bitches! what more could you want.

Hamiltons just a cold wet, clamidea ridden shit hole hahahah.

• Like 4

Guest Indiana_Jones

lol the beach and bars sound sweet (though I'm more of a pub man), as for the bitches, I'm married so doesn't matter to me.

Guest Vintage Grumble

As a mate told me "it doesn't matter where you get your appetite, as long as you go home to eat" I was all LOLWTF.

• Like 3

Guest MRWEST

Iv lived in the Mount and spent alot of time in Hamilton.....

Mount;/Tauranga wins hands down. Climate, atmosphere, things happening, just generally a nicer/happier place to live TBH.

Everythings so close, and theres not much there that you dont need really.\

Plenty of nice places in Tauranga to live along with not many places arent far from the sea or estuary for wanders on the beach!

Guest sr1600

Mount;/Tauranga wins hands down. Climate, atmosphere, things happening, just generally a nicer/happier place to live TBH.

Everythings so close, and theres not much there that you dont need really.\

Plenty of nice places in Tauranga to live along with not many places arent far from the sea or estuary for wanders on the beach!

Agree, The wife and I are going to shuffle back to Welcome bay around September, cant wait this place is freezing during the winter

Only down side is there aint many active members in TGA but its only a short run back to whk for major havok.

Guest Vintage Grumble

Uncle dodgy sam may soon be in Rot, and with a few new members round the place, hopefully the bay will soon have a few meats going down on the reg-u-li.

Guest radman

Bethlehem and Maungatapu are ok areas in Tauranga. If you're looking at the Mount, Gloucester Rd area near Bayfiar is not that great and Links Ave area is a bit ghetto as well. But like anywhere there is patches of shit amongst the good stuff and it depends on what you want to pay and can afford etc...

Guest radman

In maungatapu it is pretty much a right side of the road and wrong side make sure hahaha

That is very true, the Welcome bay side is better than the Tauranga City side unless you're right on the waterfront. But like anywhere there is good spots and bad spots.

• 2 weeks later...