Best gbox oil for k50 behine 4AGE

Guest Callum83

Guest Callum83

Just fitted my k50 gbox behind my 4age and wondering what would the best gbox oil to use be? I have some Castrol GTX 20w- 50. Will this be fine?

Thanks

Guest phatt20

redline shockproof stuff is pretty good / dear. you want to put a reasonable quality oil in these boxes as they only have a limited life behind a decent k motor let alone a 4age.

Guest Seedy Al

yeah the redline stuff is good, or yeahjust a generic 75w-90 will be lush

dont buy LSD stuff, you will be wasting your money slash will be to thick

but yeah, you need to take it easy on the old k boxes

no burn outs

Not to be a dick but please dont use Hypoid gear oil in a rwd gearbox . thats diff oil . diff oil has EP additives in it , which usually LOVE to eat white and yellow metal (bearings and synchroes).

thats my only input (not trying to be a dickhead btw)

Redline, swear by it. Ran it in my k50 before i sold car to new owner, he ran redline it it before pulling box and selling it, new owner put normal oil in it behind a 4age and it was toast in weeks.

Have run redline in all my diffs, and gearboxes since. Oldboy runs it in his gt4 which lays 240kwatw 4wd which is no unrealistic feat and his gearbox just smiles back at him even when ive done heli's in it.

Guest caboonatlarge

Any Synthetic 75w90 would be best, but a mineral would still be fine. And like others have said its best not to use an EP, because of the additives but in saying that most of the new good branded oils wont eat bronze, brass, white metals etc. Just make sure when buying all oils they are at least a group 2 or higher.

Nothing special about redline either, its just some other major oil companies oils (i think its castrol), its just a high spec Full synthetic GL5 LSD.