99 econovan smoky on startup.

Guest corey_jorg

Guest corey_jorg

alright.

1999 ford econovan swb 2.0L petrol. serviced every 5, 183clicks.

my daily, is starting to smoke on start up and is getting embarrasing, i dont tend to care but the 2 older ladys who had to walk through the cloud today didnt appreciate it.

its a fairly solid white maybe slightly bluey cloud that doesnt disapear (on happens on startup)

i never noticed it before until the local did an oil change on her (maybe i just started to notice from then) which at ruffly the same time i put a litre or 3 of 2stroke mix out of my mazda into the tank to "use it up"

hasnt stained the rear bumper or anything but has left a few black marks on the driveway from starting in the morning.

what does everyone think it is. and am wanting to know if a bother spending a few bucks on the "no more smoke" products out there or not.

cheers in advanced!

Guest Muncie

Moreys upper cylinder lube will tame it back a bit and switch to some thicker oil Castrol gtx and moreys (Bought for my trumpy) stopped this same problem in my wifes honda. Oh and check your pcv valve might be choked. 183 clicks is getting into the later stages of life for most engines treat it nice and feed it oil will live for ever.

Guest coldturkey

The people that did an oil change might have put a thinner oil in then it had before and it is now seeping past rings and burning it?

Edit: once warmed up possibly the tolerances might close up and stop the oil burning?

Once warmed up let it idle for a couple mins and then get someone to give it some healthy revs while you inspect the colour/amount of smoke that comes out exhaust

Guest nigelwade

..... the same time i put a litre or 3 of 2stroke mix out of my mazda into the tank to "use it up"

haha, you've got oil in your petrol; fill your tank completely, dilute that stuff,

Guest nigelwade

.... oil change might have put a thinner oil in then it had before and it is now seeping past rings and burning it?

Edit: once warmed up possibly the tolerances might close up and stop the oil burning?

this is a really good thought.

Guest corey_jorg

haha, you've got oil in your petrol; fill your tank completely, dilute that stuff,

Was 2 months ago I did this. Has smoked randomly since.