Guest Valiant

King Pete's royally spectacular bikes.

Nice work Pete as always !! Can you take photos of it next to a 16" bmx for scale. It looks like a brought one !

• Like 1

Yeah mate I will, there is a Cub the same colour in the garage, I'll take a photo of the two in the weekend.

This is sitting in the corner of the lounge now, it looks like Christmas morning circa 1985, but for adult piners.

• Like 7

that's choice pete, pining bigtime. time to take it for a strop and test the fitness now? 

• Like 1

Wow- only just discovered this thread this morning. Fuck me- awesome work Pete. Really fun seeing the bikes come together! I'll have to put you on to a mate of mine down there who used to work for Bauer and has made many a cycle- he's a proper Barry (although an exceptionally fast Barry and his brother has been NZ X cross and mtb champ).

Comes up here to stay, go riding and we talk bike building all the time. You'd like it.

• Like 2

are you worried that people will look at that and think huh cool retro bike/nice resto project. and not realise how much effort you put into it??

looks so proper. 

• Like 2

Thanks mate.

No that's the best part. I love hearing shit yarns about someone who had one back in the day "it was exactly the same, same wheels and everything"

You know it can't have been but it's still great to hear the stories.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Fliboi said:

are you worried that people will look at that and think huh cool retro bike/nice resto project. and not realise how much effort you put into it??

looks so proper. 

you know you arent oldschool when. ;)

• Like 3