• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Just now, bikechops said:

SO I made THIS halfbike. It rides well.

Here is my son riding it.

I also built a swing bike, but I do not have a video of it. And here is a tall bike one of my students built

Oh dear, another workshop teacher! We've probably met at an Evolocity event. 

IMG_20191124_103142_1.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, but we were in the 3+ wheeled category. I can see our orange tent there. Came 2nd or 3rd in everything behind that blasted St Johns "The Trike"!

Flippin' brilliant that trike was.

This year was our first year in Evolocity and we got people to bring a load of old bikes in. Lots of kids in other year groups then started chopping up bikes and building weird and cool stuff - fishing trailers for bikes, petrol powered BMXs, swing bikes, drift trikes. We are getting a container for bikes and gear this year!

• Like 3

Just now, bikechops said:

Yep, but we were in the 3+ wheeled category. I can see our orange tent there. Came 2nd or 3rd in everything behind that blasted St Johns "The Trike"!

Flippin' brilliant that trike was.

This year was our first year in Evolocity and we got people to bring a load of old bikes in. Lots of kids in other year groups then started chopping up bikes and building weird and cool stuff - fishing trailers for bikes, petrol powered BMXs, swing bikes, drift trikes. We are getting a container for bikes and gear this year!

Yeah, we had 10 teams this year, took 4 up to Nationals from Nelson, 2 of our teams won events, so worthwhile coming up. Getting the hang of getting parts cheaper than Les, so if you're after anything let me know and I can share the links with you.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...