Seabas's 1975 Datsun 120Y Sedan

Guest seabas

Guest datman13b

cool 120 iv had a few of these even a sss one that i regret selling good mod would be to get mild cam and sidedrafts as thats what the sss one came factory with.

i got a a12 sidedraft mainifoild lying around the shed some wea

Guest seabas

Thanks all. Really cool car to drive.

cool 120 iv had a few of these even a sss one that i regret selling good mod would be to get mild cam and sidedrafts as thats what the sss one came factory with.

i got a a12 sidedraft mainifoild lying around the shed some wea

Is it easy to remove and replace and if so what changes would it make performance wise?

Rust is here in the sill of the bonnet RHS

IMG_04931_zpsc9981893.jpg

IMG_04941_zpsd8c0b3ca.jpg

Cheers dilusion, you in the hiluxs that drove past ??

Guest RUNAMUCK

Sweet car.

The older these get, the better the look I reckon.

I have a mate that eats Datsun rust for breakfast. BUt he's out of town til around the 1st of april. He's fixed many a rusty datsun. (Mine included)

Guest datman13b

Pretty straight forward mod sidedrafts but its almost pointless without a worked cam I think if u did both will add around 15hp

Guest seabas

Cheers Runamuck. Would you by chance be able to forward my email (seb@nzstick.com) for him to get in contact with me. Would rather keep the work it forum local.

Pretty straight forward mod sidedrafts but its almost pointless without a worked cam I think if u did both will add around 15hp

How much would you want for it, if you still got it datman ??

Guest datman13b

sold sidedrafts a few weeks back on trademe for $750 still have the manifoild was gonna put them on trademe for $150 if u want it il ship it to ya for free

Guest k-trips

A festoon style bulb - they have different lengths so measure between the 2 terminals and get one sligthly longer than that.

Like this

G01-140_600x600.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sweet car man. What did you end up doing to repair that rust? Looks like an awkward spot to fix for sure!

Please tell me it's more than bungy cords holding the rear speakers down. If you to stop quick, those to the back of the head will not end well for anyone inside.

Nice Y man, Do you have any pics on how you mounted the central locking solenoids? Have the same kit for my 180B just haven't got round to mounting the motors.

Will try get a pic for you tomorrow. I still need to sort the rear doors as the mounting gear that came with the set was for a certain diameter door lock bar thing. Need to jerryrig a wider brace. But for the time being its so nice to have fronts

Cheers Bling. Still havnt got round to it. But yeah very awkward spot. Must have been a leaking seal as the opposite side was fine. 

I actually hadnt thought about that so will look at getting them screwed into the parcel tray or something other than bungie cords

• 4 years later...