Seabas's 1975 Datsun 120Y Sedan

Guest seabas

Guest seabas

Hi all. Finally got round to getting a thread started.

Discussion thread - //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/37227-seabass-1975-datsun-120y-sedan/

Just purchased off a friend this 120Y. Typical 4 speed A12 1200cc. Runs well, eats a little oil but thats expected with age and no TLC. Just failed WOF on brake lines and some rust.

currently has a large sub and 2 6x9s rolling the biggie and boiler room remix's

Plans - Get road worthy and pass WOF

Roof rack - love surf so these are high on the list

Lower

Wheels

Future - full rebuild but keep with the A12. Keep it oldschool

This place is full of wisdom so please let me know if im doing it wrong

Pics below

IMG_0482_zps38ffe6b0.jpg

IMG_0483_zps26848e4b.jpg

IMG_0487_zpsed202fc2.jpg

IMG_0485_zpsa21f3c87.jpg

Guest seabas

First proper purchase for the car was an easy one, central locking due to my bad memory forgetting to lock the doors when i get out. Quick $30 of the tard and shipped to work

No manual ment trial and error

IMG_0505_zpsdc264b53.jpg

Installed that over 2 days as had to borrow a mates drill. Will take some pics of his workshop/warehouse. Has a 1200 coupe rally car, along with other incredibly expensive subi rally cars.

All was working until I got down to the shops and the wires that I had run under the carpet behind the pedals had come out. The clutch pedal had shorted the continuous 12v and blown the fuse.

so will need to drop by repco on the way home from work to get another and then reattempt cable management.

Went for a drive up the back of Sumner and took some pictures. fun drive along the head in the early evening

IMG_0520_zps58d33f14.jpg

IMG_0510_zps879330b2.jpg

IMG_0512_zps59d4dab8.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So have been pretty lazy over the past while. Garage conversion has taken priority as it will help with mortgage. Anyway did an oil change because it was low and I wanted a clean slate for Oil. Bought a new filter as well that looked good.

Super black stuff comes out

Nice golden stuff goes in.

Took it for a run around the block and definitely felt smoother.

IMG_05591_zpsd1dca368.jpg

IMG_05601_zpse02db618.jpg

IMG_05611_zps881dad57.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally figured out how to remove the hub caps and actually look at the shocks, leafs, discs and drums. All seems to be in good order but will look into new brake pads and some lowering blocks. 

IMG_0593_zps932fb1e9.jpg

IMG_0600_zpsc98e6589.jpg

IMG_0592_zps6c63ff0a.jpg

Have my eye out for some wheels. Still unsure of what would suite this though. I like shiny dish but then I like the rusty look. Also searching for roof racks. 

Also removed the steering wheel

IMG_0585_zps1a7540d4.jpg

And in doing so snapped the right indicator wire, so spent a good hour trying to resolder. Was in the most awkward place to to the sh*t gun type Iron i use.

IMG_0586_zps264e5fe0.jpg

Also noticed that some oil is dripping, but no clue where from. Will degrease and see where its coming from sometime this week. 

IMG_0602_zps0d155b97.jpg

And then to my horror, I found some more rust at the bottom of the rear guard

IMG_0596_zpsb7b83d0c.jpg

But knew this would be here as its typical old car rust. Wasnt marked on the WOF sheet but would love to get it sorted as can get real bad coming into winter.

I did purchase some bungee cords to hold the amp in. Thinking about getting a small subwoofer for the lolz. Will go to the pawnshop and barter for something in a nice looking box.

IMG_0590_zpsb0ac53ab.jpg

Pic-less update, but bought some door wing mirrors from Thailand. turns out they are huge. will see if they look ridiculous on the car. Also have the builders round tomorrow, getting a false floor installed in the garage as its too small to have a car but big enough for a room. So any1 wanting to flat in the Chur. let me know. Will get some pics tomorrow of stuff. Also bidding on a grille in AUS as never liked the current one. Will see how that goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Not much of an update but fitted my 10 day early birthday presents. Boss Kit, shifter knob and steering wheel. (please ignore the fact that the nissan is upsidedown. Im looking to get a datsun one like the shifter, but need a horn atm)

IMG_06451_zps047d4a88.jpg