4age 20v wiring questions.

bmxican

Hey there, im currently wiring a 4age 20v silvertop up on my days off.

So far i have gathered quite a bit of information off the net and im very eletrically minded so i have no issues following pin oits and diagrams once ive found out what each pin on the ecus task is. Its an auto ecu with a manual box.

I have so far gathered the minimum for the car to actually run is as follows.

BATT - 12v constant, goes directly to the battery via a 15 amp fuse, checked and wired into the batter now, ( memory wire)

+B and +B1 should be wired into the 12v ignition switch when the key is turned to on. Goes through the main engine relay? Yet to trace back to the fusebox and find the corosponding wires to switch the relay. Not to sure on the relay ?

STA - wired into the 12v ignition switch when the key is in the cranking position. The ecu needs to know when the motor is cranking. Does this go through a relay ?

IGSW - wired into 12v when the key is in the run position (key to on same as the +b wires?) Right i can not find this pin printed on the ecu board itself or any pin outs on the internet is it possibly refered to as something else or is it not needed in a 20v?

NSW - neutral start switch - 12v to trick the euc into being in the park position, i have wired the starter motor into the factory loom so is this still required as it cranks anyway now.

Any help or advice would be appreciated , feelvfree to point out wires i dont or do need to get it running, p.s. fuel pump is hard wired.

Thats pretty much the bare minimum aside from alternator and gauges. If your not sure on the relay look harder at the wiring diagram. EFI main and circuit opening is pretty much just a lush relay setup to switch ecu power and run fuel pump. Handy in a crash so when you explode the fuel pump doesn't keep pissing 91 on your burning corpse

http://club4ag.com/tech-specs/4a-ge-20v-japan-silver-top-ae101-ecu-pin-identification/

• Like 1

Guest touge

I presume you are using a standard ecu?if so or if you have one handy pull the lid off it and it gives all the pinouts etc. you will also need a speed signal (could be a random generated signal) or ecu does funny things.

Guest bmxican

Thanks, guys i have the loom and everything there. habe allready pulled tje lid off and looked at the pins, but what do you guys mean by a random signal to the speed wire?