KZ440

moglix

So after selling this my first build project......

254523364.jpg

I purchased a haul of KZ440s'.... Plan is to build a tracker of some sorts, but most likely will ride for a bit, start the project in winter but that said might rip into it........ Last bike was sweet but want an more upright position as my arms would get a bit numb in that position..

Below are a few starting points...

Will keep mags and paint, chop rear, new guards etc... but guess things might change once i start.... anyway will update as i go, like i said could be quick or just slow and steady....

Keen on running Dunlop k180's on this one...

255517064.jpg

LC-Kz400-RSideA-800.jpg

Kawasaki%20KZ200%20Street%20Tracker.jpg

kawasaki-kz-440-street-tracker-cafe-racer_MLA-F-3082727284_082012.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah man, I bought 3, one all rego'd/ wof'd, the other is sweet/ complete just de-reg and the other is a parts bike and his shed or parts too. I think a buddy is keen on the one that reeds re-vinning etc. Once i grab them this weekend and check them all out will see what i need to keep etc but most likely will sell all but a few parts? The parts bike is 80% there apparently,

Quick question... I'm picking up the haul tomorrow and spoke to the old fella today.. He tells me the red one is completely restored, band new motor with a measly 12kms on it.. What do i need to be careful of when running in?? Taking it easy, or can i ride as i would ride normally? I've done some reading that says for about 200kms take it lightly, no pinning, others say ride as you normally would etc... Just thought i'd see what you guys think, as last thing i want to do is fuck it before i'm even started...

My advice is based on running in car engines but 4 stroke bike engines can't be all that different in technique.

Don't load it up heavily or too light - DO NOT let it sit at sustained revs for too long (like don't ride to Ashburton at 100km/h and back to with little load and no fluctuation in revs - I'm not sure on the hills into Akaroa but from what I hear they may be a good way to go in regards to load vs rev fluctuation - as long as you keep changing gears and keep the revs up a little higher than normal. The rings like a variety of loads but nothing too hard to bed in.

Also change the oil after a couple hundred km's and then again after another 800km.