KZ440

moglix

You need load more than anything else, as it is the cylinder preasure that forces the ring into the bore and makes it bed in. Hence race track, hill, not cruising suggestions.

I recently rebuilt a xr250 for a mate, and it smoked like fuck on start up, a dozen full throttle runs up a hill and it ran sweet as a nut and doesn't use any oil. It is the first 30 odd ks that are the most important so don't be gentle on it seeings as old mate has probably babied it for the 12 it has already done.

• Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, burnouts has been mentioned...

Pick up the bikes today, rode back the tidy one... all good!

So i will be selling the one with the big fairing, will take some photos tomorrow. It has original tool kit etc. It has no plates but can com with the one

of the spare bike, with that serial number. Started it, sounded better (louder) than the other. I might chuck on tm but if anyone wants to make an offer prior sweet as.

the spare bike is more like 70%, missing air filter, no chain, wiring is incomplete, no speedo, tach, seat, tank is fucked. WIll prob part some bits off, has some crazy clip ons etc...

Will post pics tomorrow... have started to work out what to do, will start project once i can sell the other, have spare cash to do...

I got mine direct from the importer, think the were 400 delivered to the door from memory.

They are cheaper overseas, obviously you have shipping but most places overseas range from 120-160....

http://www.performanceplustire.com/antique-tires/firestone-motorcycle-tire?show=ALL

I've still got the importers details. was trying to order some more awhile back but his communication is pretty slow..

Guest oldnrusty

yup yup a little bit pricey, but had them less than a week later,

they smoke up good aswel, all them dollar signs flyin off the tread

• Like 3