'dems the brakes

mikey

Can someone tell me what the shit?

My booster has been rebuilt and now the first inch of travel is really easy to press and has no feedback and almost locks up the front wheels.

If you try and brake harder the pedal goes mega hard, like there's no boost at all.

If you disconnect the vacum line everything works as you'd expect and it's all peachy, albeit a bit of hard work for this office worker's delicate feet.

This is on the 240z. It has a 15/16th master, R32 GTR four pot front callipers and factory drums in the rear.

YAY!

Ahhhhh, this is possible I guess.

It's got the original check valve from the 240z.

Can I make a restrictor out of some round with a 2mm hole drilled in it or sommin and put it inline with my valve?

Got the check valve round the right way? Or as said above adjust the master cylinder push rod, it's pretty easy to do.

I glued the reaction disc onto my push rod after losing one inside the booster.

I pissed around with the push rod heaps last time getting it just right, and it all seems mint without the vacuum line so I think it's OK. Will double check that stuff thou.

Am going to Hampton Downs on Saturday so would quite like to have it sussed for that.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mikey

The winner is.... DJZ.

I had no reaction disc, the peeps who rebuilt the booster must've tossed it as there wasn't one inside the booster either.

I made one out of reinforced rubber, it's 5mm thick. Factory ones are 5.5mm I believe. I have no idea whether it's the correct hardness or how durable it'll prove to be.

BUT, dem brakes are mint! Never been better (since I've owned it).

IMG_20130402_193356.jpg

• Like 1