h4nd's 1974 Daihatsu Fellow Max 360

h4nd

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks: that's really interesting, but probably not necessary; I have an OK looking piston and barrel, and a spare short block, and another spare rust heap. I'll try rebuilding it with those, do the port chamfering myself, and see how long it goes.

I understand those high silicon alloys are a swine to machine?

Also: you should probably be charging enough for that kind of work I can't afford it ;-)

It wouldn't hurt to know your capabilities, some of my work projects have mechanical aspects at the moment.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ThePog said:

Holy shit was that your one? I watched the vid a couple of days go and had fun spotting CHCH landmarks.

Port hills looked scary as fuck in that.

Rode from Wainui to Governor's Bay in it during '18 Nats. Such a fun little car. 

4 hours ago, ThePog said:

Holy shit was that your one? I watched the vid a couple of days go and had fun spotting CHCH landmarks.

Port hills looked scary as fuck in that.

Ironically, it handled better on the (cough) Cavallinos. The Chinese biscuits don't brake as well, but the limited cornering is probably a net benefit :-/

• 5 months later...
On 02/05/2020 at 20:37, h4nd said:

I've been chipping away at that corroded boat anchor motor.  Bits of it were OK (starter fine, alt could be ok) but the carbs had inhaled water for years, so lots of the motor is junk. I was quite interested in getting the distributor assy off it (have disassembled most of it) but I think the cog / gear wheel at the bottom of the shaft may be corroded solid. I haven't been able to split the engine cases to see in there, even with all the bolts out. I may just give up on it soon. I had hoped to have a spare to match the spare engine I have.

Hi there I have one of these engines in a off road buggy am after parts any help would be appreciated thanks Paul 0210377799