mechanical engineer salery?

grunta

just wondering what a general engineer salery is out in the real world? have a meeting this afternoon to discuss my pay rate, and some ammo of what i would get paid somewhere else as a qualifyed engineer would be good. just ball park figures, im thinking its around $45g or $22 h/r ish .. anyone elaberate?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help you out with any solid answer but $45K doesn't sound unrealistic. Though would you be classed a mechanical engineer G-dawg? I thought that was more the designer part of engineering. You would be a fabrication engineer or maybe a fitter/turner?

PS - there are a few websites that list salary expectations around on the net. Maybe have a quick geeze at those. I think one is called Hays and Trademe has a reasonably comprehensive salary guide too.

What kinda engineering exactly? Do your trade and get ya papers and anyone with enough drive will be on 60 to 100k per year.

Pm me for more info if you want

im qualifyed a " general engineer" i do a bit of everything from turning , milling to fab and welding even capentry sometimes... i work with manu at the vic uni~ do everything here

those guides can be misleading since "mechanical engineer" can mean anything from some guy with a stick welder in his shed welding up tractors to a rocket scientist

This. PMO when the position is "Mechanical Engineer" and the description is also... "Mechanical engineer"

45-50k with quals is pretty low IMHO..

im an unqualified mechanic on $24/hr working on quad bikes,tractors,trucks and other crap..

was thinking of leaving to get a job closer to home, but i doubt id score anything as decent paying..

our engineer is on $22/hr, but mainly cos hes a sack