• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spent the day sanding and painting.

img20130224123803.jpg

img20130224123744.jpg

img20130224171058.jpg

img20130224171049.jpg

Midnight Blue tank, chaingaurd and headlamp, flat black engine with polished fins.

My previous concerned about the front looking bare with no guard were also unfounded.

img20130224184345.jpg

Sweet NGK plug cap looks even better with the black engine and polished edges.

img20130224192146.jpg

Still to do, is the front forks, disk cover, front brake caliper and disk in black.

and to decided if i want full black wheels or just black spokes and polished rims.

The seat is being sent off tomorrow for a friend to finish off.

Bonus pic of my dads patinad up RV50 that i clear coated today, looks so good with a perfect amount of surface rust.

img20130224144827.jpg

Had the seat upholstered by a mate, and its come up stunning.

img20130301180749.jpg

put the new points in and this thing now goes pretty well, except for two issue.

i took it up the hill a little, and it got pretty smokey, let it idle on the side of the road and it cleared up (though i didnt go any further up the hills so didnt push it too hard), any ideas what caused this? maybe needs new rings?

and this one is pretty weird. when i left this thing did 60kmh at 10,000 rpm, ludicrisly high i know and i plan to change a sprocket. but nearing home, for some reason it reads 11,500rpm (redline) at 60kmh. i did first notice this when i was riding at about 65 and noticed the tach red off the 12,000 tach.

in my mind, the engine shouldn't be able to rev at a different rpm, in the same gear and the same speed, unless the clutch slips, which its not.

so maybe the tach is faulty, but its too hard to tell when it sounds like its doing a million revs in any condition.

• Like 1

and this one is pretty weird. when i left this thing did 60kmh at 10,000 rpm, ludicrisly high i know and i plan to change a sprocket. but nearing home, for some reason it reads 11,500rpm (redline) at 60kmh. i did first notice this when i was riding at about 65 and noticed the tach red off the 12,000 tach.

in my mind, the engine shouldn't be able to rev at a different rpm, in the same gear and the same speed, unless the clutch slips, which its not.

so maybe the tach is faulty, but its too hard to tell when it sounds like its doing a million revs in any condition.

Loss of power caused by fouling plugs/points/carbs/anything could cause this.