Flibois CB50 turn AX100 brat

BlownCorona

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah was thinking about it last night, and came to think about it that some hobo in a mid 90s starlet overtook me and pointed at me when i thought i was doing 50, maybe the speedo said 50 but i was really doing like 40.

will go out and clean the whole lot out and see what happens, can these units be calibrated like a car can?

and for reference for those providing very valid improment ideas.

my plans still do do are

- paint lower forks

- paint disk centre

- paint caliper and disk cover

- paint rims/hubs/spokes

- paint springs

- remove airbox and move the battery and flasher and all that electrical shit into that area, probably in a leather box

- add velocity stack from dimecity cycles and rejet to suit

- small rear indicators and tail light

- lower flat, slightly swept bars, maybe from anglia4 if he decided to sell to me.

- fat tires

- bump final ratio so im not doing 10,000 rpm at cruise speed!

went to paint my wheels black took tires off, primed and painted rims, went to put shitty tires back on today until i get nice fat ones. both tubes fucked and rims scratched up already, fuck this shit,

so i guess ill just get fat tires and tubes to suit, fit and then paint rims with tires on. more money i was hoping to just hold off on spending till a bit later :(

i may do, just leaves me a 4 hour window every week, though i need to go buy new tubes so will probably just do that.

annoyed cause ive put maybe 10 wheels together in the past no issue.

its looking good though, black rims with an 80mm tire on the front, and if i can fit it a 110mm tire is on its way to me soon.

hoping that its not too much stagger, but te front fork gap is tiny!

the tube should be slightly inflated but not too much to save the tube from getting pinched, valve@12 oclock, bit of soap. the opossite side of tyre needs to collapse into the well of the rim in order for it to fit over without much leverage/levers/screwdrivers... ruber mallet, the rest on, hitting the rim and bead area lightly. practice makes perfect

Looking at how staggered your bike is. I'm confident mine should look good with what I have planned. Was crazy cheap so I'm not gonna look sleep over it if it doesn't work, just ride time! This NEEDS to be done before qcr invade the concours bike show

• Like 1

putting this onto daily duties and moorhouse ave is a long ass road at 10,000 rpm, so ive been looking into the gear ratio as this surly cant be right.

sure enough some tard has put a 48 tooth rear sprocket where a 42 tooth should be. maybe in an attempt to limit the top speed to 50kmh for actual legal moped status, but either way, im reverting it back to stock,