Gostlys 7agte 20v ae85 built on student allowance.

ae85 fiend

Discussion for: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/36637-gostlys-7agte-20v-ae85-built-on-student-allowance/

Here, any help/ tips/ hate/ advice would be greatly appreciated. Will finish loading up the pictures/ better write up as the time goes on.

PLEASE NOTE >.> I'm no way mechanically minded lol, so yeaaaah I tend to have to pay my mechanic/ help him out with building it for me..

Aim is to be around the 300hp mark and weighing 900kg's if not lighter, with a half cage amongst other things...

Cheers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool mate. My neighbor has built a 7age with link and t28. Completely stock bottom end but a few other tricks. Got it tuned a few months ago making 280hp on about 9psi. In a kp61. You'll love it.

So with 1 bar of boost + usual cams/ port and polish, blue printed and lightened, easy 320hp? Thats awesome. :P

Cool looking project. Did a guy Simon do the plenum?

Err... Good question, im useless with names to be honest mate, he was a big solid bloke, i'm 6'1 and he was taller/ bigger than me haha... Worked for a trucking company as an engineer I assume? Can't even remember the company name...

Err... Good question, im useless with names to be honest mate, he was a big solid bloke, i'm 6'1 and he was taller/ bigger than me haha... Worked for a trucking company as an engineer I assume? Can't even remember the company name...

Yep that sounds like him, top bloke he is.

• Like 1

very nice mate. Love a budget build being as tight as i am, looking forward to the numbers.

Thanks mate! yeah, trying to be as budget as I can without sacrificing too much as I need to kinda get whatever I put into it back when the time comes for either a house deposit or pay off student loan lol. I've got a $10,000 budget on it at the moment, and have priced everything minus paint for just under that, so planning on trying to be as tight as possible haha.Upwards of the $6,300 mark at the moment Haha.

Seen the MPR 9age kit? Designed by a New Zealander and manufactured by CP Pistons, bumps the 7age to 1900cc. Looks the business.

579658_560078610683732_1685384006_n.jpg

542651_560078957350364_1100543787_n.jpg

Bit outside your budget though.

I have a few mates who ran 7age's back in the day and they all had a problem smashing cranks.

What do you plan to do with the car?

Yeah man, I saw that 9age kit... Wish I had the extra coin to do it, but in the end.. I'm a student, have a loan, and can not justify selling my ke35 just to buy that kit... Its bloody awesome though... Ideally, I just want a turbo'd car I can have fun with ( never driven a turbo'd car before lol ) I also want to be able to use it occasionally as a track car/ street car/ Hori Dori days... Haha, but yeah, I've always loved the 85/86's and just want something thats not the typical 16v/20v thats dumped in them.

dude you can see straight away the stroke is different on those cranks. The big end journals are spaced further away than the main journals.

4A stroke is 77mm while 7A stroke is 85.5mm. There should be a 4.25mm difference from the main journal to big end journal between the two.