Gostlys 7agte 20v ae85 built on student allowance.

ae85 fiend

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, yeaaaah but like I said, im not mechanically minded :P Hahaha. I knew about the stroke being different, but couldn't actually see it for myself. Probably didn't help I just took the photo on the ground and walked off without actually looking at em XD ,

1JZGE, I did throw up some pics? Nothing special... Going to see mechanic now about stripping the head off my 20v and chucking the plenum onto the ITB's :)

Will flick him an email. and Give nick at Northshore toyota a call too, for price on both gaskets for the 20v and some gaskets for the 7a bottom half as well as a price on smallport gze pistons... Hopefully he'll be able to give me some onto it prices if I buy all at once.

Nothing, they seemed to be okay, its just when I was reading up about 7age (+T) most people where saying that the best way is to just get aftermarket rods for it from the start. So I did. Probably end up flicking off the rods/ pistons/ whatever else I don't need when the engine is all bolted up into engine bay.

Gotta wait for SamQ to resend the RWD waterline / coilpack kit I bought though, he sent like a fortnight ago and they havn't turned up yet :(

• 4 weeks later...
Guest gostly

Maaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeee, things seem to be coming along nicely. That piston/rod combo looks pretty hard core, love it.

Hopefully mate, wanting to have the engine build/ with box mounted up to it/ all painted nicely before this time April, then have it mounted in the car end of April with the intercooler lines being sorted out...

Just got to save for some sort of Computer + whatever it cost to run on a dyno.

• 1 month later...
Guest gostly

Trademe, off some dudes cressida. Lol, they are just some steelies some guy had made up, so they'll probably weigh a good tonne and a half. I go pick them up sometime this week.