daves prince b200

dave123456789

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool old prince there bro, I have never seen one of those before and I have seen a lot of unusual old cars in my time!

Would be nice to get a nissan engine back in there, its got a vauxhall engine fitted at the moment you say?

Hope the ball joints work out all good, I got some reconditioned years ago for a customers old Zephyr but they only lasted a year and were flogged out again, things are probably better reconditioning them these days though. MInd you its not like you have much choice finding new ones!

Man, the Japanese would go mad for this car back in the home land

Thanks man.

Yep still has vauxhall engine, sounds the business and I'm going to order a bigger cam for it. Most likely triple su carbs cause they cheap and zenith carb on here is real tired and from what I hear always crap.

Car won't be driven too much so hope joints last much longer than that.

I'm going to need some rust work done shortly too. I got bored while waiting for someone to open up the workshop and decided to start stripping back the rust bubbles on boot lid. Not good

yeah, can be scary uncovering old bogged up rust holes. If I were you, just tackle one rust area at a time, don't grind everything back at the same time, can be a bit daunting from my past experience!

Cool, got any pics of the engine? Is it a 3.3 litre?

• 1 year later...

Haha nah just normal female crazy genes. Car was stored at her dads workshop so she had access to it and when I started ignoring her she decided to scratch my shit up. It says prick on the other fender but not as deep as cunt. This was one of the main reasons I wanted to bring it home so it wouldn't get messed with.

Cheers man, I have owned the old girl for quite a while now. Can finally make some progress :)

Duuuuuuuuuude, could I get one of those uncuts? Pretty please?

Yea mate, one needs a tiny bit of straightening so you can have that one as I already have mint boot key just need my ignition redone as my original is twisting a bit. Pm me your address and ill mail it Friday when I'm back at work.

Btw I'm pretty sure it was you who sent me up a replacement door hand when my old one broke.

Is it all good to run 5 bolts instead of 6 on the pressure plate? I spent all day trying to get this fucker out and still no luck

I don't want to half arse it but also don't want to have to pull flywheel off and take to an engineer. There was originally 6 bolts in groups of 2.

Nah man.  Needs all bolts! It's all about balance dude, don't want that shit wobbling.

Will PM you in the weekend after I double check my key is the same shape.

Sweet as.

By the way my ignition key is that hexagon key top right, those longer uncut keys will still work.

• 3 months later...

cheers mate. im hoping they actually work as intended when I get the linkages all sorted. Will try sort that out this weekend I think we a good pick a part mission. will look extra sweet with ram tubes on the end.

im the same man always take forever to do things but like they say, good things take time.

Any chance you know who purchased that stuffed Gloria that appeared on trademe earlier on in the year? Was really rusty and went for $300. I want to track the owner down and buy some chrome off them, I still cant find those corner bits. May have to bend over and get someone to make them. the guy who got its trademe name is thehuia but I don't know how to contact him, has no listings.