daves prince b200

dave123456789

Definitely check out your earth's, funny things can happen when the solenoid is on the body of the car. I assume that the negative battery lead is connected to the engine block. You may need a grunty earth strap between the engine and body. The one on my car is fairly heavy for this exact reason. 

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the remote solonoid is rather recent so for now im ruling that out as being a problem. Hearing it tick would indicate that side is working atleast. I have found the earth to get warm. On the battery terminal end theres a split off so fat wire to block smaller wire to body. I find that with this connected the thin wire heats up very quickly to the point of smoking so i disconnected it from the body. The earth to the block seems old doesnt look too bad but am yet to check resistance.

7 hours ago, kyteler said:

Need to find a G-series again.  Or a Y-series V8....   Blardy yuck 202...  Loal.

Your right it does need a new heart. Im thinking more nissan rb or something.

Thats down the track though. Driving without breaking down will be a good start!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Matteybean said:

Yeah the remote solonoid is rather recent so for now im ruling that out as being a problem. Hearing it tick would indicate that side is working atleast. I have found the earth to get warm. On the battery terminal end theres a split off so fat wire to block smaller wire to body. I find that with this connected the thin wire heats up very quickly to the point of smoking so i disconnected it from the body. The earth to the block seems old doesnt look too bad but am yet to check resistance.

Is there a motor to body earth seperate to the battery one?

it should take the path of least resistance (the big cable straight to the motor) so if the body ones getting hot I'd say it's going from motor to body then through the small one

had plenty of problems caused by bad cables and dirty connections so I'd give all that a thorough once over

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dabuzz said:

F'ing love your carpet hoodlining - rad

You want some of it? got abit left over... about 20m2 spare auctually lol

@datlow hey mate.   Nah not that i can see just negative battery terminal to block. The blocks been painted so i wonder if its loosing contact because of that.  Just got home from work so will start having a look!

@chris r cheers mate ill need to get some decent wiring too so will most likely just buy the pre made ones. I went into super cheap yesterday a 600mm battery terminal one was 40 bucks from memory. In saying that i do have an account with coreys electrical so if it works out alot cheaper ill take you up on your offer as ill need a new battery one and another from block to car body. 

I appreciate all the suggestions and will work thru them tonight! Come at me caffeine n classics.

• Like 1

I have some pretty beefy woven earth cable left over, plus some solid copper lugs for it, you can have it if you like, i think theres about 1ft left. Dont need a huge crimper, just drill a hole in the lug and blowtorch some solder in there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tortron said:

I have some pretty beefy woven earth cable left over, plus some solid copper lugs for it, you can have it if you like, i think theres about 1ft left. Dont need a huge crimper, just drill a hole in the lug and blowtorch some solder in there

Cheers mate i will take you up on that! Im in pukekohe so not too far from you!

That maay just be long enough.

Had a fiddle and i think i may have found the problem! Dave did some shitty crimps.

Exhibit A:

20170724_175257_zpsceghi275.jpg

You can see on the left the wire not in the crimp fitting. That one went to starter motor. I only noticed it because the one on right was the same. So i decided to check this one n it just fell out too lol. not sure how long that has been like it but right one is alternator to battery lol..

In conclusion id say that could be why battery not charging properly and why it didnt start while warm(maybe) i also heat shielded starter motor for good measure

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chris r said:

Only if you don't do them properly :) or use the cheaper tools 

Yeah cheap crimp tool. I used some cutters to re crimp n squashed with multi grips i plan on just soldering them in and heat shrink over it for a more permanent connection.

3 hours ago, Matteybean said:

Hey mate. Twin piston 65mm in length.

On the side it says "7/8 TOK100"

Bolt spacings are 35mm center to center.

Cheers

Sorry the ones I have are a bigger size.

take one into auto stop and they can match something up, there are cheep and something else will fit no problem. 

• Like 1