daves prince b200

dave123456789

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's never going to be a monster but it's supposed to be a cruiser anyway, right? Most only ended up with 202's and the like due to the original engine dying for whatever reason and it being cheaper to get a crappy old 202 to put in.

The G7 was what got used in the S54 GT-B's mate. 127hp with triple webers or just over a hunge with the old single in the S54 GT-A's.

They obviously won't pull the Gloria along as quickly as they would a Skyline but it'd do alright.

..and it's not Vauxhall, so that's ALWAYS a better option.

It's never going to be a monster but it's supposed to be a cruiser anyway, right? Most only ended up with 202's and the like due to the original engine dying for whatever reason and it being cheaper to get a crappy old 202 to put in.

The G7 was what got used in the S54 GT-B's mate. 127hp with triple webers or just over a hunge with the old single in the S54 GT-A's.

They obviously won't pull the Gloria along as quickly as they would a Skyline but it'd do alright.

..and it's not Vauxhall, so that's ALWAYS a better option.

Yea suppose to be a cruiser but I would like to be able to thrash the tits off it too and actually go places.

Im fairly convinced buying it is a good idea, even just to hold onto it for a bit.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I never did get that key blank for my S21.

*sniff*

Good work on getting stuck into this after your brother though man and if the offer still exists then I'm still keen but if not then such is, I'd probably hoard spares too, (oh wait, i do) lerl.

11 hours ago, kyteler said:

I never did get that key blank for my S21.

*sniff*

Good work on getting stuck into this after your brother though man and if the offer still exists then I'm still keen but if not then such is, I'd probably hoard spares too, (oh wait, i do) lerl.

Cheers bro.  Ive worked on this few times before owning it. I fixed all the rust in the doors!

Yup i saw that he offered you one. Ill see how many ive got. The current one is slightly bent/about to break so i plan using one to to be cut. 

Id also like to keep a spare for the new one i get cut soon. If there's a 3rd blank. Its all yours. Will confirm tonight 

Cheers

Perhaps a holden 202 radiator or triumph tc might would in that car 

same sort of engine size etc 

alloy radiators are not the best for cast iron engines as it causes electrolysis as two different metals 

but is fine if you plan on servicing your cooling system more regularly 

but I'm sure you already knew that

• Like 1

Cheers mate.

Radiator is a 600widex400high 57mm deep.  

Spoke to a guy at trevor french radiators in otahuhu n he said 550 including for it to be re cored with a 4 core hence the thickness. As much as id like to keep it it seems steep.

Mx5 radiators are the exact size with the inlet n outlet on same side. As with subaru foresters. Would one of these work? Or does it need to be bigger considering engine is a 3.3 straight 6

Can buy replacement stock radiators for 130.

Cheers

On 18/07/2017 at 08:49, Matteybean said:

Cheers mate.

Radiator is a 600widex400high 57mm deep.  

Spoke to a guy at trevor french radiators in otahuhu n he said 550 including for it to be re cored with a 4 core hence the thickness. As much as id like to keep it it seems steep.

Mx5 radiators are the exact size with the inlet n outlet on same side. As with subaru foresters. Would one of these work? Or does it need to be bigger considering engine is a 3.3 straight 6

Can buy replacement stock radiators for 130.

Cheers

A mx5 and Subaru one most likely won't have a big enough core as only running a small 4 cylinder plus both are all alloy engine which  displaces the heat quicker.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/1369952269

^^ that's a hq Holden one but a v8 radiator size is a bit bigger overall but might fit

as a Holden 202 is also a 3.3litre

so a 6cylinder rad might fit.

@chrisR might let you test fit his 1 tonner rad if you think it might work.

1 hour ago, piazzanoob said:

A mx5 and Subaru one most likely won't have a big enough core as only running a small 4 cylinder plus both are all alloy engine which  displaces the heat quicker.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/1369952269

^^ that's a hq Holden one but a v8 radiator size is a bit bigger overall but might fit

as a Holden 202 is also a 3.3litre

so a 6cylinder rad might fit.

@chrisR might let you test fit his 1 tonner rad if you think it might work.

Cheers mate. Did more research n found yeah i need a 3/4 row out of a v8. Will keep an eye out for a good deal otherwise hopefully this stop leak does the job 

On 7/17/2017 at 09:25, Matteybean said:

Cheers bro.  Ive worked on this few times before owning it. I fixed all the rust in the doors!

Yup i saw that he offered you one. Ill see how many ive got. The current one is slightly bent/about to break so i plan using one to to be cut. 

Id also like to keep a spare for the new one i get cut soon. If there's a 3rd blank. Its all yours. Will confirm tonight 

Cheers

There's two spare blanks. Spare blanks are pretty soft metal so only real good for show plus ones very slightly bent. Get a generic key cut and one of the spares cut for show if you want. 

Send other to kyteler if if your keen. Without this man you would have no interior door handle on drivers side lol. Unless it was someone else who hooked me up with that..  either way send it haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dave123456789 said:

There's two spare blanks. Spare blanks are pretty soft metal so only real good for show plus ones very slightly bent. Get a generic key cut and one of the spares cut for show if you want. 

Send other to kyteler if if your keen. Without this man you would have no interior door handle on drivers side lol.

Yup theres two spares. Drivers interior door handle is pretty important.

@kyteler PM me your address mate ill send one down to you this weekend.

I don't remember doing that but anything is possible.  I guess it could have been solidstripe?  Like I said though, I understand if you don't want to part with them.  I tell you what.  I'll talk to my brother and see if he can CNC me a key based off my current one.  I've tried to get a key like mine but they're a weird setup and no cunt has a blank anymore and as dave says they're soft as fuck which is why i need a new one.  It scares me turning mine in the ignition, hah.

Just now, kyteler said:

I don't remember doing that but anything is possible.  I guess it could have been solidstripe?  Like I said though, I understand if you don't want to part with them.  I tell you what.  I'll talk to my brother and see if he can CNC me a key based off my current one.  I've tried to get a key like mine but they're a weird setup and no cunt has a blank anymore and as dave says they're soft as fuck which is why i need a new one.  It scares me turning mine in the ignition, hah.

It would have been 5 or 6 years so who knows. Maybe solidstripe or stevemax who knows. 

I thought about trying to make a new one but never pursued it. There is also a pile of already cut prince keys which don't even fit this car I was going to try fill back out somehow and recut.

Not sure about that particular roof rack, looks mighty tall. 

On your starter issues, have you tried giving it a good clout when it refuses to turn over? Sometimes the brushes can stick in the holders. A bash can make them spring into place again. You probably tried this already but I thought it would be worth mentioning. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 1963 AP5 said:

Not sure about that particular roof rack, looks mighty tall. 

On your starter issues, have you tried giving it a good clout when it refuses to turn over? Sometimes the brushes can stick in the holders. A bash can make them spring into place again. You probably tried this already but I thought it would be worth mentioning. 

Yeah mate did that before i took apart - all the spring mechanisms and brushes were in good working order.

20170722_115059_zpsupi4zspy.jpg

The problem i think i have is "heat soak" which is the exhaust too close to starter heating it up past what its suppose to causing it to not work. Will confirm once i try tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Maybe replace earth wire but will check resistance tomorrow.

Cheers mate

• Like 1