1969 Nissan Patrol G60

robs30m

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robs30m

Top Posters In This Topic

ok got baulk rings back. worn area on tabs filled. just have to linish them down close to size then finish by hand. Looking good. will be placing the second gear ring on third gear side and vice versa. second gets more use . should clean up well. as soon as I have them done I can reassemble gearbox. then its just getting funds for clutch relining.

tmp_20131019_092215-1295791568_zpsf44cc2

• Like 1

got syncros finished , looking good. I think they will be fine. I got gearbox reassembled. had a few hiccups. I had mounted counter shaft and fitted bearings, but you have to lay counter shaft in case and fit main shaft THEN fit counter shaft bearing. otherwise its stops you fitting main shaft together. so had to remove those and start again. needle bearings fitted perfect and feel good, much less play between the two shafts. All done now and checked operation. feels so smooth. all I need now is clutch relined and I can bolt it all back together.

tmp_20131021_180149396469051_zps42da6986

tmp_20131021_180251-882052747_zps1625af4

tmp_20131021_215810539945469_zpse899753d

so hitting pick a part this weekend to see what bushes I can find for the resr stabilizer links. keen to get that finished. want to get clutch asap and drive her again! will be so sweet! I have got brakes perfect, engine tuned and tested, and now drive train mint, I can concentrate on painting chassis.

• Like 1

hit pickapart and found the bushes from hiace vans front shocks were perfect size for rear stabilizer. was thinking of nolathane but rear springs are extra heavy duty and I didn't even notice the rear stabilizer wasn't there when I drove. rubber will be fine. heres a pic. needs paint etc but all up really happy.

tmp_20131026_175001-194422291_zpsb9f7d38

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok. long time since an update. basically taken a summer holiday from the old girl. There is a auto show on the 23rd of feb im keen to enter. its free and at the mount so I have a goal date now for sorting the clutch and reinstalling my rebuilt gearbox. I put a post up in the upper north Island thread if anyone's interested in attending.

• 2 weeks later...

well got clutch plate relined! spent last night and today reinstalling gearbox and transfer case. got everything in. clutch feels perfect. topped her up with fluid and tested her out. syncros work mint. grabs nicely no shudder. feels really good. absolutely stoked! Drive train is mint now.

tmp_20140205_1825411225036283_zps7ff1d99

tmp_20140206_191557486488700_zpse6045a7e

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Left rear wheel bearing was noisy and getting worse, so pulled both axles and ordered two new ones. Left hand side was the worn one, and the nut locking the bearing on is left hand thread. It had seen some pretty serious hammer and chisel action. Picking he didnt realise it was lefthanded! Heres a tool i made at work to fit the nut. Just need to weld some handles on.

//i.imgur.com/TrgMIaA.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, rear wheel bearings fitted, and end float adjusted to spec. Alot smoother now! Drained front and rear diffs and game them a good clean out. The ring gear and pinion gear were mint, perfect wear pattern and backlash was in spec. Removed front stabilizer bar and replaced bushes, two bolts sheared off due to rust, so had to drill out the captive nut and replace with a normal one. Shit, what else....oh just got to get a front brake flex hose and she is on the road again. Oh found last guy to remove rear drive shaft had not lined up yokes on each end when he reinstalled it. This can cause vibration. So fixed that up . Took it for a quick run down my street, and it is ALOT quieter now, drive train work was worth it.

• 2 months later...

Sourced new front brake line. They only had the newer '72+ line which

Is metric, but BNT had some other imperial lines which were close enough

In lenth. All fitted and bled up. Nice firm pedal. The first drive in a couple of months was sweet.

Getting closer to a wof now. Down to rearvision and side mirrors and replacing the rear tyres.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...