Bart's Charger thread of perpetual updatelessness

RUNAMUCK

I'm the shitest cunt who ever lived at build thread having.

But after getting awful close to quitting three of my cars yesterday, so as to buy another one, I thought I'd slam up the few pics I do have of my dirty old charger.

A while back a guy rang me up looking for a V8 xmember for his charger.

Then he decided he wanted to move to OZ. So I had a look at it, and wound up buying it myself.

The car had been repaired (Rust) and resprayed at some time in the past. (I'd guess early 90's) This guy had bought it, already taken apart to fix the other rust that had come back in the intervening period.

He'd made a start on the repairs, although I didn't really think the standard of work was befitting of such a fine automobile.

So I got it round to a friends workshop. and removed ALL the filler covering all the repairs. (Both his, and whoever did the work the first time) (There was bog dust for Africa!)

Then my mate hit the rust for me.

I took lots of reference shots of the rust/old repairs before my mate weaved his magic, but I'm still to take comprehensive "after" shots.

Picture dump.

dscf0358rw.jpgdscf0359oh.jpgdscf0360xn.jpgdscf0361q.jpgdscf0362m.jpgdscf0364p.jpgdscf0365aw.jpgdscf0366c.jpgdscf0367t.jpgdscf0368d.jpgdscf0369r.jpgdscf0369r.jpgdscf0370s.jpgdscf0371j.jpgdscf0372yp.jpgdscf0373r.jpgdscf0374qb.jpgdscf0375d.jpgdscf0376u.jpgdscf0378c.jpgdscf0379jz.jpgdscf0380b.jpgdscf0381b.jpgdscf0382ib.jpgdscf0383a.jpgdscf0384qw.jpg

Car has rego on hold. And it came with a single garage worth of parts.

Also has cool shit like One piece glass doors. I've got a metric shit tonne of parts for it. Judging by all the bits, it was actually quite a tidy car before it was stripped down. It was a 770 regal model. I plan to delete all the vinyl from the outside of the car, as it only invites rust. And I scored a pair of VH shark gills for it. I also have opening rear side windows too.

Plans have changed many times since I've owned it. I've romanced the idea of running lots of different engines. I've got a couple of 265's, and a few 318's in the shed too. I'm currently leaning towards running a 256 With W50 5 speed. (I got two of them too)

Wheels (not pictured) are a set of 14x8 ROH prostars, with bridgestone's finest wrapped around them. (real mean smoke Eagers!) But nearer the time, I might onsell them. And get a nice set of those Repro 15" triden copies. (Better tyre options, and more rolling circumference)

Car is currently parked in a mates garage. Dad's Plymouth fury is off to the upholsters soon. (And then off to his new mega shed) So i'll drag the Charger round to mums. (And hopefully get some proper pictures of the rest of the work that's been done to the body.

And while it's a factory VJ, I've got the option of a VH front clip for it. (Dad is going to convert his VH ranger ute, to Full CL front)

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/36526-barts-charger-of-perpetual-awesomeness/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest RUNAMUCK

sorry, still no fresh pictures of the afterwards-ness.

But I did manage to take a picture of a goody I aquired for the old girl.dscf1908xc.jpgdscf1909mo.jpgdscf1910mj.jpgdscf1911z.jpgdscf1912jv.jpg

You can see that since this is a billet part, there will be zero flex. So oil leaks oughtta be non existant.

Plus it is pretty too.

I also bought a custom cast timing cover, with camshaft endfloat control bolt threaded boss cast into it. Although I have no pics of that yet.

• 2 years later...

Still got this thing.
It's presently chillin in the lean to on the side of Dad's barn. Fuck all to report, except I scored another goody for it.

Of facebook of all places.

Billet Alternator tensioner bracket.

Once I get some stuff unpacked into my new shed, I should be able to rustle up a pic of my after market timing cover too.

There's also a hybrid turbo in the works, but that's justĀ  apile of parts on a bench atm.

post-5526-0-28273800-1438766778_thumb.jpg

• Like 1