Ned's 7K Drop Hatch Starlet

Ned

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bike carb question. I've heard/read multiple things... one is that they should be mounted on a 30° angle and one is so the top of the fuel bowl is straight... These 2 things differ. The carbs sit on a bit of an angle when putting the top of the bowl straight, but not 20°... Any ideas?

Gsx1100 I believe... And don't know what orientation they were on before. You would assume it wouldn't be a blanket 30° rule and the keeping the top of the float level would be the #1 concern....

Guest sentra

hey....ive done way rougher things without issue......the pulley wasnt cast iron right?

(i ask, because all the ones ive machined have been crust iron, the steel ones are usually two pressed steel plates swaged togther, and fall apart when you bore them)

unsure if this is telling you how to lick eggs, but you can tell by putting it against a grinder, crudely short red sparks are castiron..so dont weld that with your mig..., massive yellow forking sparks are plain low carbon steel (i.e....weld that shit), stainless is short yellow non forking, weld that shit too you crazy dutchman, it will stick togther if you just want a rough job.

• Like 1

Cheers, you've told me this before (but i forgot which was which) and no longer need a modified pulley as the 7K one has the correct pulley on it already (as it's from that same motor factory etc)