Ned's 7K Drop Hatch Starlet

Ned

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So when you go from external to internal regulator the wires from the alternator just go into the plug that came off the external regulator matched up to the right wires for battery light ignition etc?

Not doing it in a starlet but hilux needs similar treatment with the engine conversion

I update them both, so that when you read the discussion thread, and someone one day says, "thats bad ass" without any further reference, it's easy for generations to come to see what he was referring to :) There is an actual reason for my madness :)

edit; cheers dave :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just dropped my broken wheel off at Arrow. $250 they said to fix it. Really should have taken a pic before hand :/

Will take a week they fix they said and didn't wanna do a deal for cold hard cash, which is a shame. Still, will be good to have all my wheels fixed so i don't have to run the Starlet Sprint wheels on the back anymore and actually see how it sits before i look at suspension gear.

May have to use the starlet wheels for the trailer for now as my bank balance is looking pretty grim after all these pre-nats purchases and don't think i could afford to buy some nice wheels for it right now...

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up new alternator today but forgot to get a belt. Will get one tomorrow and see if she'll kick into life and will see if I can determine if the head gasket is poked or not.

Turns out you can just buy the correct internally regulated alternator from the wreckers without fucking around to make it fit/line up.

Guest kyteler

Ah.

So it shat it pants because you did this;

IMG_20130202_180228.jpg

and Toyota was all, TROLOLOL, WE PREMAKE THOSE ALTERNATORS, YOU SILLY HEAD!

and you were all, DOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEE!

Pretty much, yeah. It shat itself because my welds were sub par (as always) and i did a silly design on the alternator pulley i swapped over. Would have been 1/3 the cost if it had worked, and probably be a gruntier alternator, but yes, thats why it failed. Because moron and should have used a 7K alternator on the 7K motor :)