Ned's 7K Drop Hatch Starlet

Ned

I mainly want them as they will look good. Theres nothing wrong with the K series ignition setup, and i have an electronic one if need be, but when trying to empty the engine bay, going for COP would be ace!

This is the setup others have used that i am not too much of a fan of as it really only means the standard coil is gone from the firewall

GNYmU.jpg

this one with the coils mounted on the firewall is probably my favourite (after COP)

Pic_001133.jpg

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i'd like some smaller coils than the ones i found from that mondeo if i would do the top setup and it probably woulnd't be too bad... Looks like theres plenty of internet surfing to do in the next couple days to figure out a plan haha

What mass of money? i have everything here i need to do it (though i want to go a different route i think so will cost a little more) but coils and controller were $50 or so and getting a free ECU. And a burger for Richy because he gave me an old dizzy (because i didnt wanna chop up the one in the car)

And i need the shaft as the dizzy is also the drive for the oil pump :P

The plan is to inject it one day, as well as add an SC14 but i may not bother after i get it all running on bike carbs and lightened flywheel... It's going to sound SO sweet that i may find it hard to take the bike carbs off haha.

Though forced induction would be nice too :D

And i have an electronic dizzy here, but when you try and remove as much un-needed/un-wanted shit from the engine bay, a giant coil and giant dizzy are def on the list!

Megasquirt 2.

I could get it running for no more money than I've spent if I wanted to, but am still looking for a sensible coil on plug to use instead and that could add a few hundred to the bill.

I never said it was cheap, I just said it can be done for cheap. Cheaper than you could buy all the electronic k series stuff for really...

This exercise is for pure aesthetics tbh and cost is low down on the equation, or I would have never bought a Starlet/any project car haha

Cheers Allan, makes sense.

going backwards? still runs though :)

Have rust man coming this weekend to smash in some new steel so took off some panels in preparation and gave all hidden areas a good clean with the water blaster.

Guards etc are rust free, which is unusual in a KP so pretty happy :)