Ned

Ned's 7K Drop Hatch Starlet

243 posts in this topic

Maybe... Maybe...

1 person likes this

I do have to mention that to get it running this week, I will not be using my own hardware, because apparently I need to modify Fred's software so it is actually capable of running a standard 7K, but that's OK, well get it sorted but probably best to use a known ECU to get it running, and swap to mine later. Good thing i made it pin compatible :-P

1 person likes this

I love that mesh sleeve stuff over wiring. I may or may not have some sort of wiring sleeve fetish.

1 person likes this

ah yeah, the steel stuff sucks vs the cupro nickel stuff to handle/fit up. when I redid my brake lines originally I used the steel stuff and really struggled, used cupro nickel the second time and heaps easier. its quite a lot more expensive though from memory

yeah, i just read a bunch about it on this forum and everyone said steel bundy is fine if youre not a wuss, including cam, so bought steel. Got to cams and he told me i was a cheap cunt for buying steel on his recommendation from 2 years ago (and turns out he never actually bought steel himself in the end haha)

So much wire! Well, not that much at all really... Its all in place in the engine bay. Needs some cable tying and stuff, but it's looking good in the engine bay :-D but still have inside the car to ECU to do as that's all just been shoved through the engine bay for now...

Oh, and I used all 1 size and 2 colour wiring for the lot. 22awg black and white. Fun!

1 person likes this

Will do a decent post in the morning, running on 3.5 hours sleep ATM and ready for a shower and bed, but i just got back from Auckland monthly meet and i drove there in an EFI KP :D so sweet!

5 people like this

This is marvellous, good work Ned! Smoked the drag day deadline.

Hopefully it makes good burnouts at drag day!

Holy shit, Ned. Don't let Rookie see that solder.

Cripes.

Also, good work. When is cert booked?

cert? whats that? no, cert will be on the cards for some time in the new year maybe? plenty of other things that want/need my money and a cert for a bolt in engine isnt high on the priority list ATM

I have no idea about any of this stuff, but well done for doing it your selfs, very clever, I is impressed.

2 people like this

I approve of all efi conversions on old cars OMS, you know this. Even the worst programmable efi is better than carbs.

Good jerb Ned, do a skid cunt.

1 person likes this

I do know the EFi thing and perhaps my memory is failing (not really a perhaps, it's a reality) but I thought you were part of the anti-solder brigade, crimping only.

Eh, regardless as you say and has been said before even by me.

Good jerb/work, Ned.

Quick question though.

..have you considered a 2ZZ?

BIG cam pushrod is the way.

Good work Ned. Really interested to see how you get on with your own EMS once Microsquirt is ironed out. 

2 people like this

What will you have in the way of datalogging/feedback when your own ECU is going?

Same as if it were a megasquirt? 

SHIT SON i AM CHEESIN'

KEEN TO EFI A SHITTY HOLDEN RED 6 FOR NEXT PROJ?