toy-mota 1971 toyota ms65 crown

toy-mota

Guest toy-mota

yea probly a good idea,ill ask him if he can convert it to electric choke for me,

what do you mean by sniffer up its spout ,lol,do you mean a new filter

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheepers

wideband tuning.

the old school tuning machines use a wideband sniffer that you stick up the exhaust to get the mixture right.

they work very well if the guy using it knows what he's doing.

once you get the carb done and put it back on the car take it to a place that has a tuning machine and get the mixture and ignition timing set up correctly.

Guest toy-mota

oh lol cheers for clearing that up sheepers,ill look into that when i get the carb done,i got a quote today for a rebuild,$250 for complete rebuild and $80-$100 to convert to electric,so this will probably be a go in a couple of weeks ,as today the choke would jam on flooding the engine and being a right pain

• 4 weeks later...

this is sweet man, just seen it now.

looking forward to the finished panel & paint.

Can't believe some asshole smashed the screen on an innocent old classic Crown like this.

I mean who does that shit?

i cant wait either,hardly any rust so far,but ive only sanded 2 doors lol,no one smashed it-it happened driving home from work down the motorway and out of know where it pop'd lol bit of a bugger but has let me panel and paint it over winter so hopefully its ready for the hamner meet up and summer,

im thinking a tad darker green than this,so i dont have to paint the engine bay,

i got the reconditioned carby back today,fitted it and it started and ran alot smoother,so a wee tune and should be a cruiser,quick question: my carby choke was automatic and ran off the exhuast and i got it changed to electric,i have read on other forums not to hook these up to the + on the coil,is there any cons to this,the coil is right next to the carby so ill only have to run a short fused wire than run one from the fuse box in the car

chur

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@ spencer il still got them,there abit tatty and could do with a recon,have changed from those fender mirrors to chrome electrics,they look far better,

@julwer-Nos toyota crown mirrors, a tad pricey but couldnt imagine to many brand spankers round http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Crown-Kujira-MS60-MS62-MS63-MS64-MS65-JDM-Fender-Guard-Mirrors-NOS-/271248650879?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f27adf27f&vxp=mtr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You decided on wheels yet/have a dream set in mind?

I think wide steels in gloss black like CD/Spence's old wagon would look really good.

i was thinking 5 spoke 14" with gold centers and polished lip o mite get two more steelies widened to 9inch for the rear,

finally started the job of reassembly,polished all the rear chrome and it looks awesome,tint sprayed the taillight lenses,and fitted the new boot seal i got from rare spares problem is now tho the boot wont fully close/lock,is there any ways around this?

I know with new door and tailgate seals the doors wont usually close, I use a rachet tie down or two to pull the doors in together until the seal beds in, usually a few days. May need to try the same method, or adjust the latch, they usually have a range of movement.