toy-mota 1971 toyota ms65 crown

toy-mota

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Thought i should push this out of the garage for a quick wash . 

Shit it looks good. 

After a year sitting on stands and no front end . I finally get to see it how it was 4 odd years ago. 

I have bought a link g4+ storm ecu.just need a fuel reg and pump now and should get her going very soon

IMG_2725.JPG

IMG_2727.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The 1st day of spring ,sunny and warm and im in the garage under the car fixing my exhaust as the last time i took it out it ripped my automatic gate rail clean out of the ground. Have fixed the rail and got stuck in today shifting the exhaust higher ,got an extra 30mm out of it. Took it for a test and all is good now . 

Next issue is the front sits lower. It sat fine with the old motor/box , but maybe a 2jz/w57 combo is heavier. I had originally got the springs compressed. I have another set of factory springs ,but with little budget at the moment im thinking of cutting them. Should be stiffer than compressing. Only problem is i havnt chopped springs before,it needs to be 25mm higher.How do you know how many coils to remove? 

I also have more camber than I remember, are ms112 lower arms longer?

Disscussion thread here

DED635F1-D7DA-48D1-A02D-5BF9976747C2.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

the lasting outing in the crown i had fuel issues’s . I had over 1/2 tank and it was just surging. So bit the bullet and cut my spare tank apart and have fitted a in tank pump and baffles.

pump assembly is from a Subaru with an aftermarket DW200 pump fitted. Modified the assembly to fit the crown tank,things are getting tight. Also had to machine up a extension on my pickup/filter so it sat at the bottom of the tank

B883186B-FA46-4F85-AF45-F1B42CBAA3FD.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Managed to get the crown to muscle car madness in Rangiora on the Saturday. Alot of interest from people . 

(Only photo i have from the show which i found on FB, if any one got any send them through)

Also chopped up my factory JDM ms75 tash to fit in a speedhut 3 3/8 Electrial speedo. Easy to install and wire up. Doesnt look to far out of place . 

7A0DFFCE-5748-464B-9D30-531D1C4243C6.jpeg

3BB9E837-ECB1-4F7F-A2D5-4D5B45EB08F1.jpeg

21B461CE-E3E9-48D4-9D52-E00A5EFDDA6E.jpeg

• Like 5

• 8 months later...

So i have my wedding coming up ,start of next year.that means the crown is the main wedding car. I cleaned up and painted my ms53 steelies, added some rather large 215/75 maxxis whitewalls and refurbing the factory supersaloon hubcaps, even going to put gold resin back into the crown emblem were its missing. 

still not legal or tuned ...... maybe next year will be the year 

28C156E8-37FE-4998-B783-478752F06489.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...